Easiest to work on project car?

Yes

^^^i know of one personally but its just a drag car. mine will soon, right now i just sit there spinning through the first 3 gears. my tires are bald. this year ill have stickies on there with caltracs and my 31 spline 9inch as soon as its shortened. its also getting some afr 227cc eliminator heads with a new cam and intake. truck is light as hell as it sits 2" higher upfront now with the v8 then it used to with the v6. amazing how much the extra things add up. but i plan to go faster then mid 11’s and try to do it with a manual instead of auto.

Any car that takes 6 hours to do plugs and wires is not considered an easy project car.

stock or modded?

I agree.

And I mean stock cars.

Speaking from experience, any old nissan/datsun.

e30’s are pretty cheap/fun project cars. the only thing that’ll get you is oem maintenance parts (wheelbearings, brakes, ect…)

you could pick up a decent one for around 2k, spend 2k on a m50 or a turbo kit for the m20. guys have ran 280ish whp/over 300 tq on low boost (8-10 psi) megasquirt, wideband, turbo parts on a stock block m20 :gotme:

thats what i was going to do but my need for a non fucked daily and people getting food delivered less bc of the pos economy plus going back to school made me ditch the idea :frowning:

sooooo much roooooom!!!

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j102/528ita/asof6-07.jpg

How about something that’s pre-1973, so that it’s
A.) pre cats
B.) pre emissions
C.) RWD
D.) has three moving parts
E.) cheaper than dirt
F.) will appreciate in value the more you work on it, as opposed to depreciating
G.) lighter than hell
H.) and aftermarket support so dense you can cross-shop the same part, and it’s here ten minutes after you order it

A Duster/Demon, Nova, Maverick, Mustang coupe, GM A-body, Dart, etc. can be had for dirt cheap. I can take apart my fastback with a standard socket set and a Phillips head.

I’ve always wanted to do some sort of Chevette swap.

Either Alpine white and super clean, or a rusty dark grey with a clean interior.

Both of them ridicu fast.

Your car is pretty easy to work on. You’ll get used to the engine tuck. I’ll agreefoxes are probably easiest though

That’s not room.

This is room.

camarojoe’s got an engine the size of North Dakota in his '69 and I could run laps around his booster.

these threads make me REALLY want a 240z

:frowning:

pretty much any pre 1974 domestic

Old car’s have alot of room to make it easy to work on. I sit in my engine bay and work on it lol .

its also na?

stick a turbo matched with that motor, a manifold, piping and all of the other bits on there and i bet it gets real crammed REAL fast

although, im thinking that motor na puts out as much, if not more pwer than a boosted m20 :mamoru:

neon, ha everythings cheap

I’m just going to link this pic, as it’s huge. You tell me.

http://image.superchevy.com/f/chevy-events/unusual-vehicle-file/10096130+cr1+re0+ar1/turbo-driven.jpg

lol no intercooler!!! also… ive always wondered how the exhaust manifold is ran on a v8…

Miatas are pretty good platforms and have a huge aftermarket base and are easy to work on. Not a ton of room in the engine bay but enough to fit whatever if you’re not keeping stock motor.