eBay (Half.com) Question

I sold a book on half.com, some guy buys it. I get an email today saying he bought the wrong book, and he’s sending it back to me. He already mailed it out before contacting me. Am I forced to refund him? Now I have to pay relisting/selling fees again? Should I refund him partially? If he contacted me earlier I would have said you are SOL, and just resell it, but he already sent it today. What do I do?

It’s going for 65-75 for Good condition, I sold it for $55 well below the average for a quick sale. This sucks.

well, you got 55 dollars and the sale was final! He doesn’t have a leg to stand on. Now you will have $110 dollars

Refund him minus the cost to re list it. Just a basic handling fee.

I don’t believe you have to refund him at all.

did he already leave you feedback?

if so ohh well sorry guy

I left him positive, he left me nothing.

might be trying to scam you by saying he sent it, and hopes you refund the money.

Well, I would wait till I received it. Name was obscure but Im guessing hes just a foreigner, but definitely a scammy name.

The dudes name is Norabhat Aneknidhi, from California. But he does have 35 feedback. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=armwin11&ftab=AllFeedback

While I’m at it, after a quick google search, I found his photo gallery. http://pbase.com/armbis, maybe his account was stolen.

Half.coms Policy:

I shipped an item, but the buyer has contacted me and wants to return it.

We require that buyers and sellers try to work out any order problems between themselves first, however once a buyer has placed an order, it cannot be cancelled without the seller’s authorization (except where noted above in “Does Half.com have a policy regarding order problems?”). Even though you are not obligated to cancel an order when notified of a problem with the item, we encourage sellers to work with the buyer and issue a refund if deemed necessary or applicable.

Did you say no refund or returns in the listing? Even if you didn’t you are not responsible for buyer error. You can keep the money and the book if he actually sends it back.

Nappy, it was half.com so it wasnt an auction per say. But I assumed if someone bought the wrong book then it would be their fault and not mine?

just tell him theres like a $30 restocking fee.

Exactly. It is not your fault that he can’t read. He should have contacted you before sending the book back on his own, if he actually did send it that is. You are in no way obligated to refund him his $$.

relist the book right now

see if it sells before the book arrives in the mail

if it sells for more:
send it to the new guy
refund the old guy
keep like $10 for restocking

if it doesnt sell before the book arrives
charge him $20 restocking fee
wait for it to sell

Exactly what I was gonna say. Charge at least a $20 one.

fuck that. he bought it and paid for it. you shipped it. he realizes he doesn’t need it, then it’s HIS responsibility to resell it. it’s now his property, if he doesn’t want it, he can sell it on ebay or half.com just like you did. when that things shows up, return to sender.

I used to sell cell phones online and this happened to me once. I charged the customer ebay, paypal and shipping fees. Then I relisted it.

Hahaha. A quick little update. I did not respond after his last email telling me he shipped it back.

He emailed me this today:

Comment/ Question: Sorry I don’t have any problem with the price but I
bought the wrong book. However, I just sent it back to you.
The book is on the way to you. Please give me the refund. Thanks

I respond:

I am not responsible for you buying the wrong book. Read before you buy it is Half.coms policy.

He responds:

Comment/ Question: After I read the policy I have the right to return it
within 7 days.

I respond:

Sorry Boss, Read the Policy:

http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/buyer/buyerorderprob.html
Can I cancel an order that has already been placed?
At Half.com, purchases are made from other Half.com members across the country. Once you place an order on Half.com, the seller will have 72 business hours to ship the item to you, and will often ship within hours of receiving your order.

Due to the nature of this system, buyers cannot cancel orders once they are placed. This includes duplicate orders. All sales are final, except for those cases defined in the Half.com Buyer Protection Policy.

ALSO:

http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/seller/sellerorderprob.html
I shipped an item, but the buyer has contacted me and wants to return it.
We require that buyers and sellers try to work out any order problems between themselves first, however once a buyer has placed an order, it cannot be cancelled without the seller’s authorization (except where noted above in “Does Half.com have a policy regarding order problems?”).

As I emailed you yesterday, I DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS. The transaction is over. You shipped it back BEFORE CONTACTING ME.

Hahaha.