eBay users... need some advice *update post 19*

I’m selling some crap on ebay for a friend of mine.

Long story short, Auction starts @ 5.00. Guy sends me a few messages saying that he’ll take it now for 200.00 if I end the auction early.

I ask my friend and he says that he’d prefer riding the auction out. I let person interested know and wish him good luck if he still wants to bid on it.

Well, yesterday the auction ends @ 179.00. I send an invoice to the winner, congratulating him yada yada yada.

I get this back as a response

Dear 04gtoftw,

thanks but I not are happy,why? because is the first time one auction are ended by this strange mode,I bid highly for win, but one misterious bidder put THE SAME QUANTITY THAT I IN THE 3 LAST SECONDS!!! for me this are very suspicious,THE SAME QUANTITY!!!, do you know this guy?, I only are ready to pay the quantity of 131 dollars ,just the middle of the diference from the other and honest bidder (90-172=82 the middle are 41, 90+41=131)
if you accept, that´s fine for me, is my best offer,now the choice are at your hands
If the auction had been too cheapest I had increased the quantity to pay him in a just mode, but this is not the case and you not trust me of course
if you don´t accept nothing happends for me, i don´t leave negative feedback for you, I never leave negative vote, if you are hangry whit me, whit a real reason you can leave negative i asume this
i hope you understand
Mike

• waskalais

Ok fine, if he doesn’t want to pay, I’ll offer it to the next lowest bidder. I send the second lowest bidder the 2nd chance offer and then start browsing his profile as it’s the same guy who asked to end the auction early.

He has the same terrible grammar as the guy in the email above. Both of them have pretty decent ebay feedback too (100% positive… both in the mid 40’s-50’s). Then I check out the feedback… BOTH of the people have repeated “customers” all saying the same thing “a+ seller/buyer” for different items, but on the same day (ALL of the feedback is from august 18th)

Should I say screw it and re-list the items? This is the 3rd thing I’ve ever sold via ebay so I don’t really know what I’m doing/how things usually go on there, but something doesn’t add up

oh and the bidding history went 90.00 (some person) to 172.00 (suspected scammer) to 179.00 (original scammer) all in the last min. of bidding.

you are hangry whit me?

Sounds retarded to me. Re-list it and hope someone honest bids.

neg feedback, and tell him to learn engrish

Sounds like a scammer to me. Feedback all coming on the same day with identical comments must be fake. Was this scammer the same guy who offered $200 to end the auction early? If not I’d take up his $200 offer or maybe even offer it to him for $180 (since that’s where the auction ended) and be done with it. Otherwise you’re better off re-listing it, and report that scammer to ebay and they’ll take care of him without him knowing you turned him in.

i would leave neg feedback. its a auction site. ppl are suppose to bid and ppl are out bid in the last seconds all the time. its not uncommon. Isnt there some way to make the dead beat bidder pay for the relisting fees???

agree…

give him neg feedback. re-list the item.

sounds like a scam

nah, I think they are the same person honestly. Not 100% sure though

how do you report someone to ebay? can’t find a link anywhere

Must not have sold on Ebay lately … sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers, to make it a safer buying experience :rolljerk:.

In order for the buyer to pay for your relisting they would have to have a Paypal account and it needs to have $$ in it. If not all Ebay can do is lock the account, this of course is after they do an “investigation”.

Its a scam, just relist it. If they leave you negative feedback, then fight it with Ebay.

After doing a quick search I couldn’t find anything either, but I’m sure just a generic e-mail to ebay (contact us) will get the ball rolling for you. Then whoever replies to you will know where to forward your complaint. It could be a long process. My only bad experience on ebay was when I was the buyer and never received an item. Took almost 3 months before I finally got a refund.

Craigslist it and if it doesn’t sell then re-egay list it.

People use auto bidder sites all the time steve.

I have used auctionstealer for years.

Put in a bid, it throws it in the last 10 seconds for free, or 2 bucks for priority 2 second service.

Its paid for itself every time.

If he bid, then he owes you the money.

What I do with people like this is send them an invoice every day until they pay. I had to send this dickhead in france an invoice every day for like 7 days, until he paid the 80 bucks to ship a set of speakers to france.

jesus… what a pain in the ass ebay is. You’re right, tried leaving neg. feedback and can’t :tdown:

I’ll send an email to ebay later about the scammer. Justin, so it’s a common thing?

Jay, I would but these are nerdy collectibles and definitely get more cash for them via ebay than craigslist.

The next lowest bidder told me he’ll take them for the 172 so we’ll see how that works out. He told me he’d pay on monday. :jerk:

all the other auctions worked out ok though lol

Steve, you have to go through the procedure that ebay gives you to get the fees back…

Wait 7 days, then file a non paying bidder warning, then wait another few days, and you get the money back. I think its like 2 weeks in total, its a pain in the ass.

So, just invoice them every day for two weeks, and file the ebay warning on the first day that it lets you, and file for fee reversal on the first day it lets you.

There are automated programs out there that will do this for you, I just do it by hand because I don’t run too many auctions at once anymore.

As for ebay bid sniping, just search that term on google, you will see a zillion tools to bid for you at the last second.

They have saved me thousands of dollars over the years.

give him an English dictionary instead.

I noticed that too last time I listed a few things. Out of 7 items I had 3 non payers. And I couldn’t leave negative feedback. It’s fucking ridiculous.

Ebay’s new feedback rules are making it real easy for buyers to scam sellers. Wait until some douche starts threatening negative feedback, demanding partial payment back because he didn’t think the item was “worth it” or says something was wrong. With ebay’s new system of feedback, you’re SOL as a seller. For me, I won’t be selling anything else on ebay until they fix their stupid feedback system.

^ same here. I wont be using them again.

ok, the second guy just finally sent payment. In Paypal it says “On Hold - Ship now”

WTF does this mean? Can I get screwed over with this? I’ve heard a few horror stories about paypal and the way they handle shit like this. Seems that it will clear in 21 days, but if they issue any kind of claim with PP, will this $$$ go back to them? And I assume I’ll be SOL?

if your ebay account for selling has low feedback (not bad feedback, just not enough) , ebay now holds your funds for 21 days before releasing them to you, but expects you to ship the items now…

if the buyer gives paypal crap, you almost automatically loose the dispute in typical paypal fashioni and are now out the funds and the product…

and ebay proffits on both sides of the deal

ebay has gone to shit lately