Ebay Parts Good/Bad

Well, i was looking at some ebay parts and thought this can be a good section on Son240sx. So here i am making a thread, that will hopefully get stickied. So guys post up parts that you have bought from ebay that are either good or a waste. Use this format please.

Item Name:
What it does:
How Much it cost:
Good/Bad:
Does it enhance performance or whatever it is meant to enhance:

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=777&highlight=odd+ebay+finds

pay the 10 bucks it wont kill you

this is actually a good idea… but i wouldnt limit it to ebay… the stuff that crops up on ebay is usually just unbranded versions of other stuff that appears under a variety of other names.

All major tuning houses are rebranding the same stuff…

ie/ Megan, Circuit sports, and a host of larger shops who do a reasonable volume are buying from over seas in bulk, badging the parts with thier logo and selling them here for varying prices.

P2M, Enjuku, TF, JGY, HT, among others are all selling the same unbranded stuff for the basics like pre-cat exhuast peices, hot pipes, etc. etc.

all kinds of knick knacks like these and the ones i sell do not always show up on ebay.

Perhaps a whole section where you post the proper name of the part and then provide feedback, questions, review, origin etc.

maybe a good idea for that day but im thinking more along the lines of not. look what happend in the other ebay thread. some1 would post up an item and 1 or 2 ppl would see it and comment then some1 else would go to look at it and it would be closed and we all have no idea what the hell there talking about. it would be an alright idea if everyone checked this thread and links everyday but that wont happen. the links will expire and become useless. if you were to take a screanshot of the page and upload + post but that seems like to much work. maybe a thread for just parts? nothing to do with ebay. so same thing bings saying buttttttttttt no ebay lol

Ye I think your right Shawn. It’s a great idea but we shouldn’t limit it only to ebay. Bing, maybe you can talk to the admins and whoever else, and maybe get an official thread, or section made. I think it would help alot of people make the correct decision on wether to buy something or not. Because thats what i was wondering when i looked at some items on ebay. Just dont want to get one of those 40Hp boosters for 20$. LMFAO!!!

Just post up any generic unbranded parts that may or may not show up on e-bay…put a pic of the actual item. and give us a review/feeback/your experiance with the item.

plain and simple.

Dont you think that i would be better to have a section or sticky. As it would be easyier to go through and what not?

it will get stuck after if ppl actualy post on it

I will be the first to post something useful on this thread :slight_smile:

Item Name: Cosmo Racing Short Shifter http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp?cid=137&pid=848
What it does: Short Throw Shifter
How Much it cost: $64
Good/Bad: Shifts are short and smooth. Only problem with it is that the bushing is flimsy. All in all it is a good value for the money.