Ebay parts VS big brand.

Thinking of doing some kind of comparison between cheap ebay parts and the big brand stuff.

Looking for good examples and ideas of items where performance can easily be measured, are somewhat cheap and where the ebay part is greatly looked down upon.

Thinking of maybe ebay coil overs at the moment?

You’re going to spend the money to try all of these things out? Bigger magazines which have the monies to do such things have already posted the articles, like the GReddy knock off BOV’s, coilovers, headers, etc… Everyone already knows the deal w/ the SS Autochrome shit.

Well it could actually be something I use on the car at the same time testing it out.

The same reason that ebay parts are looked down upon is the reason they are popular at the same time, they are cheap, ridiculously cheap in comparison.

and most rediculous can fuck up your car and cause severe injury or death. Nothing compares to quality materials and proper R&D. Look up the old modified article they did this with a lot of ebays most popular junk,

Well why look up somebody else’s article when I or (we) can make our own?

Its already been determined that 90% of the stuff on ebay is junk and another 50% of the 10% of the stuff that did work shit the bed after 6 months of use. The best article was a crash test article by Turbo magazine of ebay harnesses and knockoff racing seats that snapped in half with enough force to break a humans back. GO EBAY!!!

Vlad, you can write the article and do the testing. The exhaust I have on the Subaru is the only knockoff part I’ll ever buy. Yea, it works great, but the fitment wasn’t 100%, the bolts they gave are standard bolts, not exhaust specific, and it required modification to work 100%. That’s enough for me really.

Well me and Marat installed it, it wasn’t too bad and I love the sound of your Subi. For the price paid I think it worked out great.

John, calm down and stay positive.