Eclipse Engineering?

Has anyone ever heard of a tuning company by this name that deals with LS1’s??? I brought the GTR to Morgan today to see if he could do some minor tweaks but ran into an issue with a locked PCM. He’s got an email out to HPT at the moment, but I managed to find a decal on the back of the PCM case with the aforementioned name.

Basic google digging didn’t result in much car related.

It’s a pain in the ass when ‘tuners’ lock the ECU. It’s normally done to hide a shitty ass tune. I’ve heard they can be unlocked, but I’m not sure who has actually done it (other than the ‘tuner’ that locked it).

exactly. The car breaks up a bit up top, around 6K or so. Not horrible, but it shows on the dyno sheet for sure. I just went to Morgan today to have a few CEL’s turned off(rear o2’s Evap crap) and he couldn’t get into the thing :frowning:

He’s working on a solution through HP tuners. If not i may just buy another PCM and say fuck it.

if you buy a stock one, a stock tune can be found for HTP right on their forum… from their you can tune away till your heats desire.

anthony should be back on mon adam he can unlock them , give him a shout man

Problem is the car goes back to MA for a couple weeks on Monday. I will talk to Anthony and see what he says, but I’m going to see if Morgan hears back from HPT first since he did put a little time into it today. I don’t want to just up and run to someone else until Morgan says he either can or can’t do it.

I remember you saying Anthony was out of town for the weekend when we were throwing stones at the AC system on the car.

Try Howard…

(inb4flaming)

I have. I have called Howards shop a couple times over the past few months about this car or other things, talked to his employees and left messages with them to have him call me back. Have yet to hear from him. I assume he’s too busy for this.

(If people start that Howard-against-all-other-shop arguing BS in here I will have the mods delete the fucking thread. I have no tolerance for that shop flame war bullshit. )

:ponder I heard boxersix does shitty work. lol.

I can bypass it if i can dig up my older 1.x software. Also the tech II can overwrite it. What year is the PCM?

And if you buy a PCM, have it flashed to 2001 and I can tweak what you wish fo’ free. The 01-02 OS is superior anyhow.

I know right? He made some bolts for my camber plates and now my clutch is slipping. WTF!

not exactly sure to be honest, but it’s an xxxx896 code PCM on the factory sticker.

Tech II is overseas in Switzerland with Amanda so they diag stuff on the C5

even if you had the tech II you would still not beable to use it to write an programs onto the car unless you had access to GM’s dealer net

:ninja

nvm, i’m sure you do…lol