eclipse turbo installation

i dont think ive seen a stock longblock 4g63 take ~590chp. maybe the newer evo versions but not the eclipse/talon version we are talking about.

stock longblock/manifolds dodge spirit r/t. SC61, 3" exhaust, larger intercooler, big fuel and alky. dynoed 505whp. 17% measured gearbox loss = 590.85chp.

stock srt bottom end. 599.9whp in a PT cruiser.

rods and pistons and the 2.0L neon and the eclipse 420a equivalent easily cant take 600hp. tons of neon guys build fast turbo cars.

to make more than 450whp in a dsm, id still be changing the rods/pistons and the turbo anyway so its really not more expensive to build up a 2gnt eclipse. especially if you do the stratus 2.4L motor swap with SRT internals. pistons and rods are around 200$. megasquirt is less than 200$ if you can solder and can completely control the motor, including the coilpacks.

your cost estimates are flawed.

ask neonglh how expensive it is to build a fast neon, cause its the same to do the 2gnt eclipse. by buddy with the turbo 2gnt has less than 1500$ in his.

Brian

Where is this 1/2 mile track?

This thread sux… the guy who called out bobby doesn’t know what would hit him. Bob’s car is fast, if he mans up and took it to a track I’d say mid to high 11’s on the 16psi it’s at.

For the 4g63 hp claims, there are numerous 450-500+whp 6 and 7bolt stock block dsm’s out there and a few 600whp 6/7bolts. The 7bolts don’t last as long because of rod size, but hey when you triple power levels at 143k see what happens. I don’t feel like finding all the graphs or vids or slips because this thread sucks.

At least 2 customers came to hybrid just to get their turbod 420 piles turned back to stock for a reason. They sucked and weren’t worth the money.

My car is on stock longblock and pump93 and made 425whp. Just wait till this summer.

prepare to bend over and get fucked by Mr.Purple talon :ohnoes:

yeah probably 12’s but for $1300 u cant beat it and its in my garage right now were doin cams/gears and pistons so by summer its should be a sick lil car

PPS: and this is my time prediction for what your car will run: 14.9 @ 97 :bloated:[/quote]

haha dude i hit 84mph in the 1/8

THANK YOU!!! see i know what i got and how much i spent… for the most part i got top brands and in some places i cheeped out but it was for shit that wasnt a real big deal like intercooler piping

hah i will wait till summer… u guys will be suprised

I miss typed and I meant to say “I can’t wait till this summer”.

I hope your car is fast and you’re happy. I’ll give ya a roll race if you bang off a low 12.

Sounds good :smiley:

LOL!!

?? I’m shooting for mid 11’s…

LOL @ This Thread
4g63>420A
AWD>FWD

/thread

ok so im wrong. :slight_smile: oh well. ive seen a few blow up on the dyno but it could be bad tuning.

anyway, all i was saying is that the 2.0/2.4L chrysler 4 banger (in neon and eclipse forms) is pretty stout when you toss some rods and pistons in them. bedplate is great, the crank is strong, the blocks is strong and the head flows pretty well and the valvetrain (with some springs and light stuff) can handle 9krpm. its a better motor than the old 2.2/2.5L dodge stuff and ive seen a 2.2 pump out 1000hp and make a 87 shelby charger run an 8.02 in the 1/4.

problem is that since its in the base model eclipse, alot of ricer kids buy them and do lousy builds on them and pop the stock pistons cause they werent made for boost.

its no different than building a turbo honda. you cant throw lots of boost at a stock motor with bad engine management like AFC’s and crap. but it can be built right for a reasonable price and be a fun ride. ive been thinking about using the neon dohc 2.0L for the next engine in my k car so i can rev a little higher than 5500rpm and actually make power. the explosion of torque is ok but a little lag might be nice so the tires hook on the street.

Brian

I drive a slow purple TSi

stop saying dude and bro. you are not keanu reeves.

just so i dont look like an asshole im not sayin i have the fastest car on ny… im just sayin 420a’s are deff worth the time and cash and ill spank that kids purple talon…

LOL, just go away

OMG you suck hard.
How many boosted 420a’s do you see compared to boosted 4g63’s?

That “slow purple talon” won’t just spank you, it will bend you over and fuck you.

Devioustsi is the DSM expert around these parts, if he’s telling you that you’re wrong…you are.

Dude bro,

I hope you do indeed build a 420a monster so I can give you credit where credit is due. I tried and failed. eclipsed tried and failed.

I’ll give you a race if you want it. You will definitely not spank me.