eclipse turbo installation

It’s all about how you stand by your car.

agreed. and i once owned a fwd pos turbo 420a. it sucked.

and I hated you then…

You’re a much better person now.

:slight_smile:

i needed to touch the hot stove and burn myself to learn.

amen to that.^

no offense dsm guys but those things are junk imo

this thread is gay. it was ok till the cockfight started…

what does the little purple talon run?

what rods did you use Collin. engine management?

Brian

i used eagle rods and eagle domed pistons. i did research and thats what everyone was sayin was the best combo for the 420a

it runs the same thing are your buddy’s turbo 420a…

00.00 @ 000.00mph

however, if recent history serves us properly, your buddy will probably be in the mid 13s after his build, while a fully built 4g63 swapped to 4g64 will probably be low to mid 11s.

and as far as engine managment goes it will need to be retuned because of the intake mani and cams… but iv been hearing alot about how megasquirt does wonders for 420a’s so im goin to look into that so ill have to see what tune will be best for my setup

k so u didnt realy answer what does ur car run and what is ur setup if its not to much to ask cause u pretty much no mine front to back

you suck at reading comprehension.

I DO NOT OWN A PURPLE TALON!!!111!1

I OWN A BONE STOCK CIVIC SI!!!111!!1

carbonfiberhooded is the one with the built 4g64 awd purple talon. i dont understand what is so difficult about this.

all of the research you did on the 420a, all of the engine internal, turbo setups, fuel management systems, etc… i researched all of that shit years ago when i had a 2gnt that i turboed. i scrapped it all and started over with a gsx, and it was the best move ever.

i have no problem with turboing a 420a. i just think there are more cost effective and less stressful ways to go fast. i KNOW for a fact that there are much better 4 cylinder platforms than the 420a. that is simply not debatable.

im not fightin the fact that theres better 4cyl. out there im just sayin the 420a isnt as bad as u portray it to be… and im fightin with so many people on here at once i forgot who had the talon lol sorry about that… and i really didnt spend that much on the upgrades i spent maybe 6500-7000 and for that its not worth it for me to upgrade to the awd 4g63 if im runnin close to what they run if not what they run…

I don’t think anyone on here will put you down for building a well planned out car, but your blantant cockyness and refusal to listen makes you sound like a jackass.

But here’s the thing, straight and simple. You threw a lot of money at this car to build up the engine. What you are failing to see here is the fact that you also have a FWD car. FWD means that you will have a lot of wheel spin off the line, thus making you slower, but most importantly, you have a transmission that not built for the kind of power you are looking to make… this in itself is a major obsticle to getting to your goal of 11’s, also if you add in the fact that you will always have problems with axles breaking and countless other BS issues, you have one hell of a money pit on your hands and you don’t even realize it.

For the $7000 you spent on this car already, you could have one hell of a setup with AWD and a 4G63.

Here’s my input on this subject- WASTE OF MONEY.

And this is coming from a kid with autotragic 98 spyder. 1st mistake-buying an automatic, i regret it everyday. 2nd mistake- not buying the gs-t or gsx, 3rd mistake- buying a dsm. lol.

my buddy with the turbo 420a (not collin) could care less what it runs at the track and just wanted to try turbocharging the car he had.

man, it takes a 4g64 and awd to run 11’s? i can run 11’s with a stock bottom end 89 turbo caravan :wink:

Right, AWD DSM drivetrains are totally bulletproof and never break parts/clutches/diffs:lol:. if FWD is so terrible, why do I come out of the hole harder than many RWD cars at the track?

bottom line is that if you like the car that you build, it isnt a waste of money if you are satisfied with the end result.

the weak throw their toys away when others tell them they need something else.

Brian

honestly, if you want to think that 420a motors and transmissions are the platform to build off of, then go ahead.

90% of this board disagrees with you, 95%+ of the dsm community would disagree with you, and science and fact disagree with you.

:picard:

Nothing is fully bulletproof, but running 350-400hp through a tranny built for 150hp meant to be shifted by 20 year old girls isn’t going to cut it.

Iv got a headache… :banghead:

want an auto turbo 2nd gen dsm? pm rubicant!!

I’m pretty sure this should have been the last post in this thread so we’ll try again.

4g63>420A
AWD>FWD

/thread