eclipse turbo installation

Me too.

I haven’t run my car at the track and to be honest, unless I stumble upon a bag of money in the near future, I probably won’t be able to this summer either.

I blew a shitload last year to get the motor built, swap complete and turbo setup complete. I still have many loose ends to tie up before I start taking it to the track.

I built my car for myself and only myself. I won’t risk breaking something because somebody I don’t know wants to prove himself to an internet forum.

Not to be a dick, but go find a stock Evo or something and let me know how you do. Then maybe I’ll consider it.

I’m done here.

well mines not auto and it would be nice to have awd and i see where u guys are comin from with that but i got some gnarly ass street slicks that should help somewhat…

to my knowledge the 4g64 has 146hp stock thats a whopping 6 hp more then the 420a and i belive the 4g63 has 210hp… yeah they can get 400hp on stock internals if done right but for me its just not worth all the hassle of swapping… so $800 later i have pistons that will withstand way more then the 4g64’s

:blah:

A)clearly not the fastest car(cuz its a bad platform with minimal mods to get the power to the ground)
B)dont talk shit before you have a time slip to back it up, anyone can do that

great conversation

ill just “through” a fact out there, talking like that makes you sound like your in 8th grade

great story?

off topic

and how did 13 hundo turn into 7grand?
you lost and you sound like an idiot

$1300 on turbo jackass and 7k with all mods to the engine and u can suck a cock bro u just jump into this convo now…

and ur goin to come at me rockin a fuckin d series :rolljerk: a sohc wow and they say turboing a 420a is a waste of money…

actually my build will cost under 5k total and id have no problem lining them up after tuning

yours cost 7k for motor mods, my whole build including car cost under 5k and ill line them up after tuning. your name callling is childish and the convo is rediculous. grow up and grow a pair.

omg dude alright tell me when ur cars all done and we’ll do this and remember u called me out… i bet ur pushin 180-200 hp after tuning

:word:

If you do your research …odviously you have not …you would understand our point of view.

i have done my research and im not putin the 4g63 down in any way im just sayin u guys a str8 up underestimating my 420a build

Ugh fuck this thread. It’s going to make me buy another 1g TSi AWD.

yeah u should probably go do that… thats rational thinking:suckoff:

?
I built and sold mine long before you even had a car.

ughhh… sam… i miss your eclipse… :frowning:

eclipsed gsx > any dsm in this thread…

it was sooo clean, it was quick, from what i understand… reliable… and it always looked so good… did i mention how clean it was?

turbomitsu… where are you doing your research? I want to quote what you think your car will be capable of running at NYIRP… and id LOVE to see videos of its debut there…

post up what you think shes capable of (with you driving), i wanna be able to look back at this in 5 months and giggle

btw… how are you liking the SI?

ugh, because your posts are FULL of rational logic and reasoning :bloated:
7K in engine mods for a fwd 420a != rationality.

This is all you need to know:

I mean hey, enjoy your project, who am I to advise what you want to do with the car, but the risk/reward and cost/results aren’t optimal. In fact, they’re relatively horrible. But I guess a baby blue (based on avatar/profile pic) 2gnt driver doesn’t really care about optimizing his resources to achieve the best result anyway.

But it doesn’t seem like you really care though about other people’s experiences in this matter anyway. Carbonfiberhooded’s, turboTSI’s, and eclipsed’s experience > your experience. Hell, I even owned a 420A once and very quickly realized its limitations, even as a youngster.

bottom line is do what makes you happy, but you’ve got a wealthy knowledge base trying to steer you in the right direction, based on identical mistakes in the past. rock on dudebro :carnut

well the car is in primer and those are just aftermarket fenders but the color will be along those lines… and i do see where u guys are comin from and i respect the advice but when i started the project i knew it wouldnt be cheap and truthfully dont care if it ends up costin me more… i just want the fastest 420a around and wont stop till i have it.

:nono:

look at the civic hatch its got the same moter and turboed and he said hes got 180-200 hp