Economic Stimulus Check info

me = :owned:

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/taxesowned.JPG

“You’re left with 0”

lol

Yup. I know what you mean…but I guess I shouldn’t complain, you know, since it’s redistribution of the wealth and all that feel good shit, right?

If I was up over the $75,000 bracket to not be eligible for a $600 check then I wouldn’t give a shit either.

x2

I wouldn’t be happy about it, but I also wouldn’t be complaining.

well until any of you are there, don’t speculate what you would and wouldn’t do, you complain about how long it takes to get your checks but you woulnd’t complain if you weren’t getting one? how about if the government takes more from you than other students and peers because that’s how it is??? you wouldn’t care? … i’m not complaining, just confused… i pay taxes just like you guys.

would you like to see my yearly TAXES to date??? i bet they are an eye opener. beyond that i still owe the government being single claiming 0. it’s garbage also, i’m a student but can’t defer my income from my payments to loans because i ‘make too much’… total crap not to mention i took it in the ass on a 1099-div payment i had to take… took thier 28% at the time the check was cut then took another % of taxes on that income… something like 30 more percent???

two birds with one stone…bragging and bithing at the same time

moreso evidence for all the assholes that said that everyone gets something.

it is true that not everyone gets a check.

bragging about what? getting fucked on taxes? very self-fulfilling… let me tell you.

we established that a while ago in another thread…and it was never brought up in this thread…and the bragging would be that you make too much $$…hence most people on here are getting a check. but to each his own

No I’m basically saying that yes the taxes are more, but $75,000/yr is plenty more than I’m making and I’d pass up a $600 check, $75,000 with taxes taken out is still more than what I’m making so…

take from the rich give to the poor… Bush = Rpbin Hood?

I learned a very important lesson at a young age about money. Money is relative. Picture yourself as a cork in a glass of water. No matter how much water is in the glass you will still be just above water. So even for the people that make above 75K, the 600 dollars that everyone else is receiving for paying taxes could surely be used.

Yes the taxes are more and that is more reason you “should” get money back. But the point of this is to get people out there spending $$$. People who don’t make a decent amount are likely to go out and spend it on that purchase that they didn’t have the money to buy…but chances are if you make a decent amount you will buy whatever any ways. So I can see both points of view.

Well which one is it? Bush is hiking gas prices to get richer or he’s taking from the rich and giving to the poor? Guess the man just can’t do anything right?

:ugh:

wow… for a finance guy you have a skewed perception of capitalism and economics… at least from this conversation.

Just trying to give a down to earth perspective

Also, I made a typo in my last post

Everything is realtive. The more you make, the more you spend, just like Whitey said. I don’t know anybody that would say no to accepting a $600 check. Those of you that think you wouldn’t care about $600 if you were making more than $75000 are crazy.

Exactly…if you have more to spend…trust you will

dude… i didn’t know we were directly competing… I know that your comment was made out of a generalization but realize that what you’re saying is that anyone that makes more than you should be taxed? lol… i’m sitting here spellbound that anyone would take my sarcastic comment on the tax break as bragging, but then to have people say that if someone makes more money than someone, those should not get what others do… it’s almost like you people think i’m some snob-ass shit-eating rich asshole basking in rolls of cash… wake up and realize that this is the WRONG direction for incentives and will supremely lead to the WRONG trend of capitalistic spending “stimulus”.

if everyone below X amount a year gets free money what drives people to achieve a higher pay rate. it drives complacency and laziness among the masses. there is so much hype about getting free money that people have already accepted the fact, decided on what to spend on and are anxiously awaiting the HANDOUT… already molding people to rely on government incentives… this is a garbage idea and even more so a slap in the face to be told that i make too much to get it… i pay a relative percentage in taxes to that of any tax bracket (and even more so in 2009 or 2010) yet i still am not eligible for the handout. you spend 12k a year in taxes and i spend 50k… but because my TAXABLE income is higher than some number i am omitted.

do you not see the fundamental flaw in logic?

your brain made a typo in college! read my post above and report back.

:slight_smile: