OFFICIAL: 2008 TAX RETURN THREAD

mother fuckers is all i have to say right now. :shaggy:

Eh, taxes aren’t that bad. Just use turbotax.

i go to a guy to get mine done, looking for a big return this yr, marriage, house, and a baby all last yr

Taxes?? What are those? I thought that Mr. Obama was going to give ME money

No, first you have to quit your job and get in debt, THEN Obama will bail you out, because after all. It’s not your fault if you go into debt and have no money. It’s the government’s job to fix it.

I don’t have all my info in order for my return yet. Hoping for a decent refund, but time will tell. We shall see what the future brings for 2009 and beyond

3 kids=big tax return.

I pay basically no federal taxes during the year and still get a nice refund. I knew kids were good for something, taxes and mowing grass in the summer. :smiley:

I should be recieving a call from my accountant soon letting me know how much I’m getting back. Hopefully its a lot, although from what I hear if you recieved a stimulus check last year it will be coming off your taxes this year

I just did mine this morning. I love SC…I never got a state refund in PA, but I’m getting 700 back from SC plus my federal.

Didnt notice any difference due to the stimulus from last year?

I had mine done last sunday and will be getting it in my account by the 6th.

I used to use Turbo Tax, but now I use www.taxactonline.com for my free federal filing and I go to the PA state Revenue site and file my PA online.

And before you ask yes Tax Act does itemized dedections as well as the standard. I have used it the past two years and it does basically the same as Turbo Tax except you don;t have to pay to file. It has all the auiditing crap and such on it.

im with mike… doing the same route… putting 1/2 toward credit card the other 1/2 toward my trip to europe in the summer

trip to europe? is there still a nationality you havent had sex with yet?

i did mine and am getting a lil bit more ($100) than i have in past years.

Does anyone know whats up with the stimulus checks that came out last year? I remember hearing a lot of talk about it being a refund advance. If you got one does it apply to your return now? More specifically if you didn’t get one, will you get the equivalent to it when you do your 2008 return?

no stimulus check 4 me. but hoping for a nice return just got to get my papers to itemize

All I know is I didnt receive one last year, because I was told even tho my parents were’nt claiming me I wasn’t 18 yet so I wouldnt get one, but I got all my federal back. This year I got all my federal back, and the stimulus amount I didnt get last year.

And all of it is going towards a set of Aluminum 215cc Canfield Heads for my 400 SBC Im swapping into my car. :finger:

I would love to get my taxes done, but Im still waitiing for my fucking w-2’s :madfawk:

Heres a question I went to school last to get an FAA Certificate for work. I paid for the school, the room and board, and the drive to Az I covered all expenses. Can I write this off? I kept all the reciepts Ive never had to write anything of before. But Ive got about $9500 wrapped up in that license. So if I can write it off and get a bigger refund that would quite helpful.

yes

no, there will be a section that asks you about it if you use tax act or Turbo tax, but it doesn’t affect your return either way.

When I used TAx act it already had what I got in there and at the end during the program check through it through a yellow caution just so you could verify that you had the correct amount in there. I got the full 600 and that is what it put in there. Carie got back like 589 and it put that in there for her as well when she did her taxes.

yeah I put the 600 in for the stimulus and got more back this year than any year I’ve ever done a return. Getting 1900$ back :smiley:

Well there is more to it than that. First, it depends on the certification that you were paying for, that will determine if you qualify. Also, if you do qualify, you can’t write off the entire amount. There are limits. You can get adjustments to your gross income for some of it, deductions for some of it (if you itemize), and there also two credits that you may qualify for (assuming you have not already used them), the Hope Learning Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. Also, you won’t be able to deduct the room, board, and/or travel expenses to get there. If you want more info, just PM me, I am studying for my CPA and I just covered this area of the tax code.