edelbrock carb w/ 700r4 tranny?

anybody out there running an edelbrock carb w/ 700r4 tranny on a 350 csb? i keep hereing that i will need a bunch of different brackets to hook up my cables so that i don’t burn up the tranny anyone have i clue what i need and how to make it all work?

you will need the adapter piece/linkage. it’s a simple changeover… i actually ran a carter/edelbrock on my old truck without the linkage with the 700r4. it works, but never shifted quite right. people say it will burn up the tranny.

pics? who makes it?

Call me Gregg, I’ve got all the info. It’s the same thing I had to do for my Holley and 700r4, just a bracket setup for the Edelbrock.

call summit or jegs and tell them what it is you want, i don’t think it’s listed on the site. atleast i didn’t see it.

i have the bracket you need laying around somewhere brand new from a project from years ago pm me if u want me to try to find it, its for the kick down cable or something like that on the tranny

it’s called the tv cable on 700r4’s, but it’s basically the same thing

yea i need to anyways there been a bunch of shit going down latey.

yea for sure that me know

i’ve used those brackets and they are ok but, i dropped a little money and got one of those tv made easy kits from http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/index.shtml . it seems to work alot better for me.

don’t you need the electronic lockup to control the tranny I think painless wiring or b&m makes it :dunno:

i think the tranny came factory, he just added the edelbrock carb. so the lockup is all still there.just needs the correct bracket/lever so the tv/kickdown retains the proper amount of movement.

there is nothing left that was factory. this is in the s-10 and every wire has been gutted from this thing i will be using painless kit to rewire the truck from the ground up.

so i guess i should look in to this lockup kit then?

all this motor stuff is new to me i’ve always been more show then go so if you guys have any thoughts or imput please fell free

i thought this was in a suburban or something you got to many projects i can’t keep track. yes you need a lockup kit. some tranny guys say they can move a checkball or two and you don’t need one but i think it locks as soon as it shifts i’m not certain. i think the other kits work on vacuum solenoid or some shit like that.

have 2 of them from my monte ss setup, there are 2 styles 700-r4 like the 200-r4 there might be a 4 pin connector, if so you can disconnect, and drive with out it if you do mostly city, and race driving. That is the TCC soleid, long high trips will heat up the tranny, and get a bit worse gas milage. If it is not equip just worry about the kick down cable and adjust according to spec,WOT make sure the kick down cable is fully extended. no slack. I have 2 both universial for holley and edelbrock from CSI