Edinburgh 2012

Why is it too bad? Why are you hating that I have a good car that’s set up somewhat well for this type of thing AND I proved once again that I know how to drive it around the track? Answer that. Please. I would like to know.

Or are you just saying that cuz I’m Ern and its cool to hate me?

We were very competitive the first day. My overall fastest time (1:14.398) was faster than Jeremiah’s overall fastest time (1:14.577), but that only fell within one event. The other event I didn’t have a quick enough time to beat him with.
The second day was a totally different animal. We both were able to make a run before the slalom was instated and Jeremiah’s run was fastest yet (1:13.3xx I believe?) and I hit a 1:15.105. If we had the straightaway all day, there is a chance I would have dipped into the 1:13’s but 1:13.3 is fast. No question about it.

I definitely learned a new driving experience on the Rcomps. They were amazing. Not only could I take corners faster and the turn-in was more responsive, but the braking distances were cut wayyyy down. With the Hawk pads & Powerslots, I experimented each lap with pushing the car later and later at the three braking points on the track. I definitely know there is room for improvement. I hope to get Works springs and the Whiteline RCK and an aggressive autocross alignment thats still good for my street tires and we will see what happens in the fall.

Since we all pitched in setting up, and also with the 6-7 of us who hung around after cleanup to see how we could help ensure the fall event, the club agreed to hold the fall event which they believe is September 15th (Miah correct me if I’m misquoting)

If anyone knows of any QUALITY paving establishments that would be willing to travel to Edinburg to issue a quote to repair the damaged portion of the track, please let Jeremiah know. He took charge of helping get a quote or three so we can get the best job for the least money without having the same issue again in a year or two.