Eep, another keyless/alarm question :P

Yay, I know how often these are posted, but…
I’m trying to find a good place to get it from, but not expensive :stuck_out_tongue:
Custom Radio will do it for 179…

I called rainbow earlier and they want 249 =( Figured they’d be the best place to go since I hear nothing but good comments about them :s
(from endless searching, heh)

Custom radio is the cheapest out of all the ones I called so far, but I heard they do a bad job at it. :confused:

Does the type of car really make that much of a difference? I figured it would be all similar (well, i’m an idiot, so what do you expect)

But anyway, it’s a 99 grand am GT.
It use to have an alarm, but the guy before me or the dealership he traded it to (then I bought it from) must have stripped all the good stuff.
Becuase when I got it, 2 speakers wern’t even connected, one doesn’t even work… the other one that wasn’t connect is blown… So I figure he had something else in there, and pulled them out when he traded it in.
and when I look at the carfax, on all the previous inspection dates, it says Car Alarm installed.
Then on my inspection when I bought it (from jim culligan, who are a bunch of liars), it didn’t say anything about a car alarm being present.
So I assume that the whole alarm is gone, and not that I just need new remotes.

but anyywaayyyy…
Most of the reason I’m doing it, is because my insurance is 210/month, and the alarm will save me a pretty penny =)
No it’s not becuase I wreak a car every 2 months, it’s because I only got my license last year :stuck_out_tongue:
any help is appreciated =(

rainbow and bdr my only choice i call the guy with every stupid alarm problem we have in are shop and he doesnt threaten my life

its pretty simple…WHy dont you DIY…?

wiring chart for any vehicle

Yeah, I saw bdr give a guy a price of $169, heh.
For under 200, I’d go get it right now from them :stuck_out_tongue:
BDR is with rainbow? I think? Becuase I was like wtf =( when they said 249.
I was hoping for under 200 :stuck_out_tongue:
Which is why I was asking if the car really did make such a big difference.
Unless he doesn’t work at rainbow, which might explain it easier =)

Here’s your answer… quoting myself, yey =)

](Free Car Alarm Wiring and Install Tips - Wiring Search: By Vehicle Make...)
Checking this out now, thanks…
Funny becuase I went to school and took electronics courses most of my years, but now I refuse to do anything electronical :stuck_out_tongue:
edit
I’m also afraid that when he took the alarm out, he just ripped it out and F’d up all the wiring. Which is why I just wanted to give the car to someone when they promise me a price, so they can’t change it when they figure out it’s going to take fricken forever to install it becuase of what some loser did =)

Funny becuase I went to school and took electronics courses most of my years, but now I refuse to do anything electronical :stuck_out_tongue:

lol

They gave you a price for an Alarm/remote start combo …

we would do an Alarm w/ keyless for $149

Boo.
Not very kind of them=(

I could just hug you =D

I’ll be there monday or tuesday, since I have to work 9-6 tomorrow.
I’ll probably call on my lunch or something to see if I can fit in there before work monday (have to work at 12 monday)

By ‘we’, you mean Rainbow… right? ;o

what do u charge to install actuators on 2 doors? just the driver door? and an alarm w/ keyless? thanks

locks on the grand ams are gay one wire locks maybe thats why the price was high.

Nah, read BDR’s post.
I was mis-quoted.
Suppose to be 149 =)

Which, btw.
I’ll be calling first thing tomorrow so I can hopefully get it before work at noon (I can hope, right? lol)
Since you were closed today, I assume… since I never got through after a bunch of tries =)

Im at home sick right now …

But im pretty sure they can still get ya in no prob

Got it in today… =)
<3

Thanks for telling me it’s only 149, lol.
I was like wtf? :confused:
Probably would’ve ended up going to crappy custom radio if you hadn’t said something :confused:

they are one wire locks. its a white wire at the kickpanel.

BDR5o i pmed u… u get it?

will hes been sick but if u cant get ahold of him, ill call him for ya. we gotta meet up. everytime I think I am free something pops up