Effing a... Rant + need suggestions.

Alright cool, they are taking care of you then. I’m sure somewhere local down there has them in stock too.

Gotcha. If you are planning on upgrading to a full frame sensor camera at some point going with L glass and trading off your EF-S lenses is a good idea being that they wont mount up right to your EF body.

I have a 24-70 f/2.8L now, for what I shoot I found it to be too narrow on a crop body but it seems to be good on my 5D. I’m still not 100% sold on its image quality, it sometimes seems soft. It was a tough choice between that and a 24-105 f/4L IS but having a larger aperture outweighed f/4 and IS for me. I wonder now if IQ is better with the 24-105, and having the extra length might be good too.

:thumbup

I hear you there, the weather sealing is nice even for dust in the air…wish I had it. I dont know if I’m sold on the 7D yet, I’m skeptical of how many pixels you can stuff into a sensor and still maintain good or better IQ and dynamic range. I want to see some pics with it when you or AMD do get it!