EGR SYSTEM

has any one mastered the egr system on there ka’s??i have a sohc ka and im having trouble getting a vacuum to the egr valve. egr valve is new, tested the egr solenoid and its functional. the wiring harness i have tested its got 2 plugs a/b ,and i get a volt reading of about 10.3 V or so on one plug and the other .5V now when i race the engine the 10.3 stays the same witch i think is the b plug where the fsm tells u to test A so the .5 volt reading is on A im assuming because it jumps down to 0.0/ 0.1V when i race the motor, but it should be reading battery voltage then when raced drop down to .1 volts or so. now it may also be the bpt valve but im not sher, i have 3 of them that i tested but who knows they can all still be factory installed. maybe if some one has a Farley new one that i can just plug in for a bout 5 min to see that it is in fact the bpt valve. Has any one replaced the metal vac. lines that run beside the intake manifold?? can this be the cause for no vacuum??(clogged rusted blocked air flow) can i go out and get some rubber hose and just directly connect the egr solenoid with the bpt and egr??? has any one had problems with this before?? if so let me know what you did to fix this. thanks alot for the help.