Einsteins theory of relativity proven

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081120/sc_afp/sciencephysicseinstein_081120235605

Very interesting

Hah ya I read that this morning. I never knew that it wasnt a proven theory.

I thought it was proven twice already?
When the first atomic bomb went off and when they put theclock on a 747 and flew it around the world and compared it to a clock on the ground when they got back.

Doesnt this new evidence only support his theory at another level?

umm it wouldn’t be a theory if it was proven.

haha. beat me to it. :tup: to someone who knows what a THEORY is.

:lol:

gravity is a theory too.

indeed, most laws of physics are just theories as it is difficult to prove without knowing everything about anything in the universe.

I mean thats what god is for, right? :roll:

Wow, way to point out a technicality that I obviosly did not understand. Man, you guys are just so darn smart.

I never would have thought a theory is a THEORY.

90% of Internet posts are such a fucking waist of time…

quoted. lol.

Said the pot…

i am glad that 90% of internet posts are only a waist of time and not actually a waste of time

and the irony just smothers all, LOL

and actually I wasn’t really commenting on your post Pen, it was the one before yours…but now you made yourself look like an ass…and you can’t take that back.

So, we’ve been able to convert mass in to energy, have we been able to accomplish the opposite? Create weight from an energy? I should just shut up lol

I believe the article talks about 95% of all “masses” weight actually being from energy.

Though I would guess, in something like the atom bomb, it isn’t converting mass to energy, but just releasing the energy? Or maybe I am just way off here.

So science teachers can start referring to it as Einsteins Law of Relativity.

i thought a LAW was proven (many times over) while a Theory is the middle step between a law and hypothesis

:gotme:

cool

Smart ass. No i said what I said because I thought i read something a few years back that said his theory was proven.

they should’ve asked God to begin with…

“Hey, God, is it true that e=mc2?? Can you prove it? plssss…”

:mamoru: