Should we be worrying? End of the world? I'm serious, check it out.

I know this isn’t “car related” but shit, if we can talk about pizza I’m sure this is just as important.

check it out.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080808.wcernstart0808/BNStory/Science/home

it was being built since 2003 and “they” even started planning way before that…

it is said to be starting within 1 month!

PS: my girlfriend said this exact machine was in the FICTIONAL noval “angels and demons”.

The fictional machine was based on the real one. Partical colliders have been around for awhile. I remember reading about CERN a few years back.

the energy released from the colliding particles should be minimal…only big if it sets off a chain reaction…however, because it’s colliding a particle at a time…it should be alright

i believe it’s being used to test a number of theories that seem to merge quantum physics and macro physics together…??

think its called string theory…

check this one out

even if the machine doesn’t fail and all goes right, it will either prove religion true or false. that in itself will be a chaos in its own. if the machine proves religion to be false, i’m pretty sure the world will go into chaos since so many people base their lives on religion. even the law bases its rules around religion.

if the machine doesn’t work and something faulty happens, i wouldn’t be able to imagine what could happen. seems like this machine is so powerful that i would assume even the slightest mistake in calculations could amplify an imbalance in the world/universe.

i guess we’ll just have to see what happens…

I don’t think that “the machine” will end this era or begin a new one,but, it will only be one more of the few things that will happen before something really big is to come soon (as it is been said by so many people.).As “duckJay” says:I know this isn’t “car related” but shit, if we can talk about pizza I’m sure this is just as important.There is really a lot of things happening right now that “We” are not been told,just watch the videos and think about it.

The HAARP

The 2012.

There is a lot of more,but, I’l stop here,lol.

ps:This is what I think:
This word “Earth” is too good to have an end,but,We “human being” have to pass for a lot of tests to upgrade ourselfs and be well prepered for the next level.
I think that “We” are being too bad for our Earth and ourselfs,so it’s time for something to come and change the way We are,some of us for better others for the worst, IT DEPENDS ON YOU to make it to go your way.

alot of the “end of the world” prophecies/theories/what else they may be are heavily religion based. A lot of the information I hear regarding them I can easily disprove using psychology and patterns in the human mood.

Not saying its not interesting or right to an ultimate extent, but really… The anti-christ?

How many religions or people even believe in the anti-christ?

Some people are basing the end of the world or the end of ages or w/e on pure personal belief and speculation stemming from civilizations and books from thousands of years ago.

How do we know they didn’t suffer from the same silly religious imbalance we do nowadays?

this is shit that starts out the armageden style movies

papers headlining “new CERN research program a success”
“quantium physics proven to no doubt”
“time travel close to reality”
then Bang, end of the world…

just remeber guys… the atom bomb is from one atomic atom “particle” splitting… if enough crash an bang against eachother… one might go off…

I think this is a stupid idea to start on such a scale… They should create the exact same thing on a smaller scale to test the stability of these things over a period of time… What crypticnissan said is exactly what is going to, or is very close to, going to happen.

Scary stuff.

I dont need a machine to prove religion false to me, well atleast the catholic church’s outlook. Like common, a man like you or I made this planet in 6 days and 6 nights and than made the garden of eden and created adam and eve or whatever… Yet history says we evolved, so if religion is right and adam and eve were created how did they devolve into neanderthals that then evolved into us ?

hence why i choose to believe what i believe, not what others want me to believe…

agnosticism ftw

All I know is that to this day, no scientist has been able to prove religion false. A lot have tried and tried but have been unsuccessful. If our science and technology was powerful enough, we should have been able to prove this years ago.

We’ll just have to wait and see…

“Much of the interest in the project has come from the United States since Congress in 1993 halted construction of a machine that would have been even bigger – the proposed Superconducting Super Collider in Texas.”

I’m assuming we’ll really only hear what the US government wants us to hear…as is the usual case. And how much “interest” in the project are they talking about? They way I read this article was:

-CERN collider could potentially end the world if someone messes up.
-Oh and by the way, the US are involved.

Pretty sketchy to just tag that on at the end of an article. The US are always up to no good it seems. Might just be my bias kicking in though.

People have done great things to help the human race out throughout the past years…but enough is enough, when you start messing around with other people’s lives and using a device which could very well possibly cause a catastrophic event, that’s where I’d draw the line. You cant test stuff like this with people all around you. Instead of helping people across the world who are dying of starvation, disease, natural distasters and the like, people find it neccessary to dump $3.8BILLION into such a stupid (and potentialy dangerous) cause. It’s nice to know that people are taking the liberty to fool around with the quality of others and my own life just to test theories…really makes you think “Are scientists actually that smart, or are they really giant dumbasses???”

Am I the only one that actually doesn’t care if the world ends?
My only wish is that it happens on a Monday :stuck_out_tongue:

if any of u have really read the bible

you would belive in alot of stuff

I actually used to read the bible quite a bit - went to a catholic school in a heavily italian area (no thats not a stereotype, all italians know that catholicism is very prevelent…) and one day I just thought:

“Where the hell is the proof? A 1000 year old book and a bunch of people?”

Then I started thinking…

“Theres hundreds of religions, each says one is better than the next, and they all have different views”

There’s too many “if”'s for me to believe anything concrete. Hence agnosticism.

Theres 3 things you don’t talk about, my family always says.

Religion
Sex
and Politics.

on another note, my girlfriend just told me that the university of berkely is developing a cloaking device…

i might as well start building an underground tunnel…lol

oh, i think i want to buy a gun now lol

suggest everyone listen to coast to coast, radio show its on 1am on 640am dial toronto, talks about this stuff alot as well, very entertaining

I lol’d at this comment
" Does anyone get the feeling that this device is going to accidentally rip a hole in the space time continuum and inadvertently release space goblins onto earth? …I’m just sayin’."

at the same time thats my theory on how the world is gonna end… space goblins. The end is near.

U kno what tho ppl will believe in what they want to believe. Scientists can try to prove religion doesnt exist in a sense. But when it comes down to it its a faith. Ppl believe in what they want to believe. Ppl have faith that there is a God watching over them and protecting them. I am not very religious myself but still knowing ppl who r… they will still believe.