elecrical ?s (wiring deck)(lights don't turn on)

ok so i dug into my 240 to instl my avic n3 when suddenly i realized the harness had been cut.
just a quick question about the harnesses…so i don’t short out my 1000 navigation system. thanks everyone

1. if i got 2 identical wires on the same side, for example:
    HARNESS 1 HARNESS 2
    wire1-red/blue wire1-red/blue
    wire2-red/blue wire2-red/blue

does it matter which red/blue wire i connect or are they all the same?

1. none of my electrical stuff works. Clock, sunroof, all lights. only my power windows, and mirrors move. any solutions or theories?

Why don’t you stay true to your name and ‘Goggle’ it.

I apologize now for my rudeness and useless posting.

Just test all the lines with a Voltmeter and that will solve all your problems, If you do not know how to do that then pay a professional to do it so you don’t short out your N3

lol no apology needed i get that ish all the time. but googler is just so convienet to sign in, it just types off my finger tips.

i have tested the wires. not sure which one is which so i am heading over to futureshop to get it thrown in.

but still no clue why the lights dont turn on, i got new fuses, bulbs and still same result

What Future Shop you going too?

ok wait what did u do to make your stuff not work, im a little lost to why you lost everything.

Turn on the car, measure each of those wires, and have a common ground reference not any other wire. Find the two wires suppling the voltage… If the same voltage, just connect to either.

well you can not connect to ether because one will be an ignition and one would be a constant.

so if i follow the steps as above but i just alternate to find out which one is the ignition or which one is the constant will i short any wires?

You should also get the FSM and look through the wiring diagrams. Have it beside you as you test the wires. FSM with the volt meter should allow you to trace every wire.

id worry about everything else not working instead of your nav system

its only the lights. other than that my gauges, odo, climate control and all that stuff is good

if youre worried about your 1000 navigation system you should fix the problems you already have before putting it in

1. check your fuses

2. by ‘harness was cut’, do you mean that there were loose exposed wires touching each other or close to each other? if so you may have had a short and that may have popped the fuse…

isolate the wires from each other and find out if one or more fuses are blown

^^ yea check your fuses, I think its the one for the stereo that kills everything, or the lighter one? Anyways if your fuse box is fine, your resister box might be dead.

did you check your grounds?

if your wiring harness was cut then the grounds might be loose or not cut at all. also nissan aftermarket wiring harness has ground problems, they dont have a ground plug that will match the FSM wiring harness, so you will have to manuelly connect to a ground post.