Electrical Question.

Quick question guys… im not at all an electrician so forgive my ignorance…

HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING… if i had a H4 headlight system, and i wanted to install some H3 foglights… but wasnt very electrically inclined… could i just sorta kinda maybe possibly splice into the H4 wires (ground and power) and connect the H3s like that?? would the car be okay… or is this just crazy talk!?

Not the smartest thing to do. Most fog lights come with a wiring kit. If yours did not come with one let me know so I could help you through the installation.

The fogs are off a GTS-T so it has all the appropriate connectors for nissan.

like martino said i got the fogs off a GTS-T so no wiring kit… ive bought wire, a relay, fuses, fuse holder and the switch… and im wanting to install them onto my GTiR … i already have them mounted (more or less)… but now i want to wire them up somehow… either to a switch or just to the current headlights curcuit

Did you use the brackets I gave you? Or did you mcgiver up something else?

yea i totally mcgivered the shit out of it!!! LOL!!

The only reason you would splice into the h4 is to use it as a signal wire to switch the relay on to turn the fog light on. Only problem with this method, you fogs will always turn on with your headlights.

What you need is a wiring diagram to supply power to the fogs right?

Look at your relay. You should be able to see a wiring diagram labeled on it. The pins should also be labeled. 5 pin or 4 pins?

Post the relay diagram up. You don’t need to splice into if you using a seperate switch.

and no because you’ll blow the fuse, and the wiring will corrode at that splice.

best suggestion. Get a kit… You can’t just wire it into the headlights. It will create too big of a draw, you will keep on blowing fuses and if you put in a bigger fuse you will probably short out the daytime running light module. Not to mention they will always be on when the headlights are on… even when the switch is off because of the daytime running light module… unless you have an American model.

So yeah, buy a kit. Or grab a relay, switch, fuse and fuse holder and you’re set.

you just connect power to one end of the switching half lights to the other, and the switch (for inside) goes to one half of the coil and the other half is ground. so when you turn on the switch it powers the coil and pulls the contacts shut.

Sphinxxx, post a pic. I wanna see how you did it.