Elise short throw shifter i designed (stole) and prototyped...

I don’t see why Newman couldn’t make out for a Beretta. Yes it would be one off, but for say $250-300 I bet it would be worth the time.

It wouldn’t have to be a total new piece, as long as he could just improve/mod the stock one to make it a shorter throw, that is really all that would be needed.

I made one for my S-10 back in the day.

I wish we had a Bridgeport down here, I love that machine. :frowning:

is it a cable shifter?

nice

:tup: looks good.

Send me the drawings.:smiley:

Yes is it a cable shifter its wierd though, it looks like an elongated diamond with one point (the handle) the other has just one hole for cable to attach and then one for lateral motion, ill get pics up

Just built/installed one in my car…

Feels really nice. The 2,4,6 portion of the shift is in the same location, the 1,3,5 portion is substantially closer to the driver, which is nice.

This animation flashes the difference between 1st gear w/ the stock, then 1st w/ the short throw…

And here is what it looks like in 2,4,6

You had a black interior…

?

Very nice. Was this similar to the elise design?

maybe thats the guys car he designed it for originally

nice.

Yup.

Same exact thing.

ebay… i saw a DoAll Knockoff on craigslist a few months ago… although theyre quite pricey… and you’ll have to run 480V

trust me… its not worth it… Ive already looked into it

Uhh yeah, unless you already have a shop with 3 phase power (480/277v) forget it.

91 beretta has a very shitty cable shifter. I do not even know how you could possibly make a short shifter for it, the way it is setup. Its a clunky piece of shit anyway, so why waist $300 to make it shorter when it just sticks anyway.

i love you

edit: this has nothign to do with the short throw.

edit v2: come to vegas ALRDY

edit v3: <3

edit v4: raymore and BLACK

hahaha, bump

:clap:

I appreciate this thread much more now

there was no patent on this shifter, and he is not mass-producing and selling them for less than 1/3 the price!!

Lol, it’s also for a totally different application/car!

I’m not stealing any business from TRD.

Actually this is a perfect example of reverse engineering vs. STEALING