Emission sticker

alright i need emissions really bad lol, im 2/04 buttt the thing is , that im running 3 inch exhaust with not cat, and i dont feel like spending the money and putting a cat on, plus i like the sound :slight_smile:
my odometer doesnt work so all i would have to do is roll like 2000 or 3000 miles on it for the next year to be exept. but heres another problem, im the first new owner on this car so i need to get it tested, now the person that sold me the car fucked me cuz he said he could get me the sticker . and now he cant. so im lookin around to see if anyone knows anyone that would pass me. cuz i dont know if it will pass or not, i know for a fact it wont pass the visual. throw me some ideas if anyone knows

Along with being under 5000 miles, it also has to be over 365 days since the last emissions test to qualify for an exemption (so you would have to wait at least 366 days). But you still have to pass a visual test! Unless you know someone.

PM me people i am in the same boat. but im up in 10 days. :frowning:

Originally posted by flyinglow57
PM me people i am in the same boat. but im up in 10 days. :frowning:

do you have less then 5,000 miles since your sticker date??

and what year is your truck

i know guys to know… i may be able to help… car can’t be unruley rich though… visual shouldn’t be a problem…

lick and sticks i got a few people

does anyone actually get their cars inspected the “legal” way (at a dealer or a reputable garage)?

i do, and get exempt cause of miles

hey if you can PM me i can get you inspected prety much

Originally posted by sunhawk08
hey if you can PM me i can get you inspected prety much
but u need an emissions sticker first!!!:rolleyes:

yea i know a few that look at the car and say its ok they don’t even touch it or look at it.

yea i know a few that look at the car and say its ok they don’t even touch it or look at it.
:confused:

Originally posted by 2kaltima
does anyone actually get their cars inspected the “legal” way (at a dealer or a reputable garage)?
i will now because of odbii laws :mad:

well what pewter is trying to say is. fayette doesnt have emissions i think and that means that the guys that you know do not do emissions. there for they are unable to inspect the cars until then

Originally posted by turbovw18

my car is OBD1… what’s the difference?

another reason my beater toy’s an 89 :slight_smile:

as far as stickers… i alway just get inspection… i haven t had emission for 3 yrs! except the zr2… but its stock

me got no stickers on my car. never have, hopefully never will.

I might know someone, he helps me out and might just over look your flaws (cat). You would still have to beable to pass the sniffer, but he doesnt really do a visual.

i know guys to know… i may be able to help… car can’t be unruley rich though… visual shouldn’t be a problem…

get an f/p reg and turn up the fuel psi a day before. be careful dont drive like an ass, car will lean way out with no cat. may have to change plugs after though.

Originally posted by ShalerPunk
my car is OBD1… what’s the difference?
OBD II, they plug into the port, and it records the VIN (I think) and checks to make sure the emissions equipment is working properly.