Emission sticker

Originally posted by Jeff95TA
OBD II, they plug into the port, and it records the VIN (I think) and checks to make sure the emissions equipment is working properly.

I’m glad my car is old:D

Originally posted by 2kaltima
does anyone actually get their cars inspected the “legal” way (at a dealer or a reputable garage)?

i went to emage performance and my car apssed wth flying colors :slight_smile: but then again im running cats and my car is 100 % legal !

butler=visual only

you can still get an exempt 96 and up were you dont gotta plug it in

Originally posted by The1SloShelby
alright i need emissions really bad lol, im 2/04 buttt the thing is , that im running 3 inch exhaust with not cat, and i dont feel like spending the money and putting a cat on, plus i like the sound :slight_smile:
my odometer doesnt work so all i would have to do is roll like 2000 or 3000 miles on it for the next year to be exept. but heres another problem, im the first new owner on this car so i need to get it tested, now the person that sold me the car fucked me cuz he said he could get me the sticker . and now he cant. so im lookin around to see if anyone knows anyone that would pass me. cuz i dont know if it will pass or not, i know for a fact it wont pass the visual. throw me some ideas if anyone knows

what year is your car?? does it fall under the new emissions program. 96 and newer

Originally posted by sunhawk08
hey if you can PM me i can get you inspected prety much

im fine on the inspection, my dad does inspection so i can throw a sticker on there anyday, but i need the emissions bad

Originally posted by 22PSI
what year is your car?? does it fall under the new emissions program. 96 and newer

ha im old schoolin it, mines an 89.
now since its turboed does anyone know any tricks to pass the sniffer if it doesnt, cuz im taking it to a friends garage to test it and if it dont pass im gonna have to think up some tricks

Originally posted by The1SloShelby
ha im old schoolin it, mines an 89.
now since its turboed does anyone know any tricks to pass the sniffer if it doesnt, cuz im taking it to a friends garage to test it and if it dont pass im gonna have to think up some tricks

just leaning it out with f/p

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3291

Originally posted by Pewterss
http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3291

:bigok: