Will I pass emissions? Need advice!!

Just about finished an S14 SR20det swap into the 96 240 and bought a 3 inch downpipe, as well as 3 inch full apexi catback. I plan on running a cat however I dont know if I’ll pass. So with no engine work, just a fmic and 3 inch exhaust (plus stock cat from ka24de), do you guys think it’ll pass? Any suggestions what to do in order to make sure it passes?
Thanks a lot guys, your input is much appreciated :slight_smile:

damn search, run as hotrod, done.

take it for a long ass drive to get the exhaust as hot as possible and make sure u only have gas in the tanks no additives put that shit in way before and run it though

This is what I did. Some places asked for a letter from the dealership stating that the motor was not offered in that car and if its different displacment it can be ran as a hot rod.

If you don’t search,

you will NEVER pass :slight_smile:

there a way around emission test if anyone nows:P i do;)
i work beside one:P

…simple. when u get ur sticker thingy… get a 2 year one. by doing a 2 year one on a non emission year. ull never need to get emissions… jsut keep getting 2 year stickers.
tis a loop whole… shhhh keep it on the dl;)

How will that help his situation? He needs an etest to even get a sticker…

^ what year is your car? im about to get an emissions and safety test done pretty soon.

:/: well than. fake etest? than do my idea from than on… lol

If all emission equipments are hooked up properly and running well, you will have no problem passing the e-test even if your using the KA engine limits.

And of course a working Catylic Converter plays a large role.

Run the test, and see what happens. If you fail, its not because of the exhaust or fmic, or the fact thats its a turbo motor.

You’ll have to diagnose it like any other engine that fails the test.

I just got an etest in my skyline. Missing an O2 sensor in the cat and a 3" exhaust, FMIC etc. Passed with flying colours. You should be fine.

for me with a stock de…i had to change spark plugs, filter, oil, run 94 from sunoco, and put 4 litres of methyl hydrate and i passed by 1 on what is it hcc or something

do u fail for having a breather filter… bah i forget what its called that u have to route back but people just slap a small filter on it. I’m having a brain fart right now. umm its the same connection where u put an oil catch can inline

ha! looking at all this is making me nervous to get my etest. it will pass under hot rod conditions no problem. its the missing egr, uncirc BOV and 3" exhaust thats worrying me

Etested my S14 Sr with egr removed, uncirc BOV and 3" exhaust

Make sure you have a cat and your laughing

Passed under hotrod, It would of almost passed under normal conditons too.

seems like alot of the e test places are skipping the visual inspection, good news!

I thought in Ontario there is no visual inspection. Someone correct me if im wrong…

The place i took it to was all hardcore and were jerks, if there was suppose to be one they def would have.

So what do you tell them in order for your car to be run as a “hotrod?” Simply that is has a different engine or will I have to bring papers proving that it is in fact a different engine?

I went to the Nissan dealer, they saw that i had an SR, got them to write a simple letter on company letterhead stating this engine was never offered in this car in North America.

Show the etest people the letter to get tested under hotrod status