Emissions

Does anyone know the rules for emissions in Westmoreland county? The dealer said I didn’t need an emissions test. I had them done every other year since I moved to West. county. Did the rules change this year, or did I pay for an emissions sticker the other years for no reason? :confused:

u need it!! unless u put on less than 5k on ur car in a year!!:tounge:

Originally posted by Pewterss
u need it!! unless u put on less than 5k on ur car in a year!!:tounge:
not true. My brother in law that lives a few houses from Jeff doesn’t need it either. He even called the DMV and is listed as not needing emissions.

Originally posted by Black_WS6
not true. My brother in law that lives a few houses from Jeff doesn’t need it either. He even called the DMV and is listed as not needing emissions.
why he’s in westmoreland right??:confused:

why he’s in westmoreland right??:confused:
yep.

Originally posted by Black_WS6
yep.
Wonder why!!:confused:

Two local garages say yes I need it. DMV Emissions people say no. Other Westmoreland people at work have registration cards that say emissions required, but mine don’t. I have no idea.

Interesting about your b-in-law. We must live in the no-emissions-required housing plan!

fayatte councty maybe???

fayatte councty maybe???

All Westmoreland people, and specifically asked about Westmoreland. I also called the local state police and they don’t know one way or the other. :rolleyes: All I care about is getting a ticket!

just found u need it, they added more county to it!!!

just found u need it, they added more county to it!!!

Huh? You mean they added counties that need emissions? That’s supposed to be in 2004.

I just read that your house is the only house that needs it, everyone else in the county is exempt from emissions. :smiley:

I’d go with what the state says, if you get a ticket for it, just have them call the state and get it all cleared up.

I think my wife just figured out Pewter’s comment. Part of Belle Vernon is in Fayette County. Even though I’m in Rostraver (Westmoreland), my mailing address is 15012 (Belle Vernon). Maybe that’s it. I’ll have to ask my neighbor if it’s on his registration.

That still doesn’t explain why the DMV said no.

Originally posted by Jeff95TA
I think my wife just figured out Pewter’s comment. Part of Belle Vernon is in Fayette County. Even though I’m in Rostraver (Westmoreland), my mailing address is 15012 (Belle Vernon). Maybe that’s it. I’ll have to ask my neighbor if it’s on his registration.

That still doesn’t explain why the DMV said no.
u got it!!! jan 2004 is when the new countys start!!!aint wifes great!!!:smiley:

dont worry about it

Whitey - can you make my wife the official Pewter posting interpreter? :smiley:

i found out i start visual inspection this year…what is this all about…so there just going to look for a cat and stuff no sniffer

They’re going to start using the on board diagnostics for checking emissions stuff on newer cars. I wonder if it will pick up things like dummy O2 sensors.

They’re going to start using the on board diagnostics for checking emissions stuff on newer cars. I wonder if it will pick up things like dummy O2 sensors.
no but the visual will!!:slight_smile:

Whitey - can you make my wife the official Pewter posting interpreter? :smiley:
can she just come up and help me when i post?:tounge: