emmision problem.

My car will not pass emmisions! it is soo close to…off by a few numbers…I have done everything the mechanics are telling me to do, and then some…I changed the oil, put in new O’sensers, brand new catback…in total cost me a preety penny…Now the guy tells me to come back tomorow and he said that he will adjust the “EGRsensor” and there will be more airflow apperently! and it will pass…I dont know what do. What would you guys in this situation?

so u replaced ur cat back?

what about ur catalytic convertor?

2 words
dyno tune

its costy but totaly worth it. i had a 1948 Chevy…Camaro 350, magnaflow mufflers…NO CAT

had it dyno tuned…never needed a cat converter. passed with good numbers. even tho you dont need emissions for cars that old i had it checked anyways.

so uh… it would probably help if you tell us which part of the emissions test you’re failing.

it can probably be fixed with timing.

did you make sure your car is warmed up hot?
it is winter, so your car could have cooled below normal op. temp.

zack, why did u have to e-test a 1948 car?

sorry guys, yes I did replace the Catalytic converter. I left the sheets in my car, its really cold outside right now but I will let you know tomorow…I am getting the EGR sensor tuned and then testing it again hopefully it will work.

i doubt that will help, my '90 passed a legit e-test fine with DOHC motor, a bad O2 sensor (i was told) and the EGR removed.

there are a lot of tricks to get it to pass, for me i had to retard the timing to the point that it barely ran. if i ran normal timing i would fail really badly for NOx.

wat and how much are u off by???
if it ain’t off by too much
pump some nicer fuel and give it a gd run on the highway
then try again…

get some of that “sure pass” or something they sell at auto parts store, apparently it works pretty good.

no it doesn’t.

yea I just did that today, did nothing…so apperently its my vacume. My mechanic owns a clean 93 fastback LE so we are going to transfer the parts from his car to mine then run the etest later.

post the results of your e-test, it would really help with solving the problem. failing in different areas require different fixes.

wow , u got a new cat / o2 sensor and still failed… if its not ur Maf then there is something seriously wrong with ur engine.

put it in 2nd and rip the shit out of it

then go for your test…

when i had my altima he told me to go around the block and drive it hard then come back, ur engine’s gotta be really hot…hope it helps

good luck