emo ???

what kinds of bands make up the EMO scene. I am listening to Avenged Sevenfold at the moment and don’t want to be labeled EMO, so I need Pittspeed to help me determine if avenged sevenfold is emo and what I can do to fix it. And also a list of bands to stay away from.

:smiley:

i dont think i’ve ever heard them, but MTV.com says theyre similar to Atreyu and are influenced by hatebreed, iron maiden and metallica.
if all that is true, i would say they are not emo… and you should continue listening.

Is avenge sevefold the metal band that mixes in emo parts to their songs? I heard a band the other night that I think they announced as avenge sevenfold and it was good until the song slows down and turns into an emo rock song then back to metal.

you pretty much should shop at hot topic from now on.

ALot of their following is an emo crowd but the latest CD Bat Country is pretty heavy.
I dont care for any of the older CDs.

Thats probably them. They do that alot.

promise ring, dashboard confessional, planes mistaken for stars, pedro the lion, get up kids, reggie and the full effect…

i like get up kids-- more 80’s sounding…

to understand EMO, read…

:crying:

We need an emo emoticon. Wearing all black with razorblades.

why don’t you stop worring about what other people think about you

I beg to differ!
I would add armor for sleep, penfold, and the ataris.

The first 2 are pretty good though. The ataris just blow.

avenge sevenfold is post hardcore(changes in timestamp and tempo between emo and metal)

When did this “emo” thing come into existence anyway? This web forum is the only place I ever hear about it.

I don’t even know what “emo” sounds like, but based on this thread, I’m thinking it’s like metal/hardcore…?

i have beeing listenign to them a lot lately, city of hell, and waking the fallen

Avenged Sevenfold is post hardcore like BoostedITR41 said. Their newest cd has a real 80’s sound to it.

the latest CD Bat Country is pretty heavy.
I actually disagree. their older cd’s could be classified as metal but their newest cd wasn’t what it was hyped up to be. I don’t know what genre to categorize avenged sevenfold as but ur not emo

:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

:kekegay:

dont cry or slit ur wrists about it :slight_smile:

When i think Emo i think:

My chemical romance
fall out boy
hawthorne heights
boostedITR41