emo ???

7/10

fixed

When i think Emo i think

Be_rag
Boosteditr

Yea I forgot about be_rad…emo as all hell.

When I think EMO I think

native nod
cross my heart
The Gloria Record
The Promise Ring
Christie Front Drive
The Appleseed Cast
Sunny Day Real Estate
Texas is the Reason
Knapsack
braid frame and canvas album
June of 44
Rachel’s

etc. etc. etc.

but you guys wouldn’t know anything about that :slap:

problem is some bands had a sorta EMO sound and went mainstream so technically its POP, but I would call the bands mentioned previously pop-punk-emo stretching it, just like when PUNK went mainstream and you had pop-punk, (blink 182, new green day, etc.)

So only underground bands can be emo? :nuts:

too someone that knows the so-called emo scene, knows those bands!

i know emo when i see it but i can’t name one emo band bc… i’m not a fag who would keep abreast of such things :dunno::kekegay:

90s east coast rap & hard/classic rock > *

of their 4 cd’s only the 2nd one is heavy the rest is typical of what you hear on the radio

Man…I’m almost with you…REAL close…but I have to say:

90s west coast rap & hard/classic rock > *

NWA > anything the east coast ever did

don’t get me wrong I owned the Westside connection Bow Down album, I listen to all sorts of music, except country, I just hate that people catagorize shit in the wrong category’s. Would you call MCHammer hip-hop?

emo is for whiney pussies.

BoostedITR is a perfect example of this.

west coast is good but i listened to it too much in highschool… east coast backbeats are more complex.

EMO…u guys are so hippacritical about alot of shit…mosto f u need to get a life and quit making fun of shit that is dumb and useless…:greddy2:

o ya…and u mike…u are not the shit around here no matter what u think:kekegay: :kekegay: :kekegay:

coheed and cambria is emo

Yes. It may have been popular, but the genre is still hip hop/rap.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1651997757427874922&q=fall+out+boy&pl=true

nws for cartoon penis imagery

as for the whole “emo” thing?

Emo was a style of punk music originating in the DC area a few decades back. Since I hate punk music AND whiny bitches, I especially hate this genre of music. For the last ten or so years, radio friendly pop-emo bands have popped up with varying degrees of success. The irony of it all is that some of these bands have strayed so far from their emo influences that they’ve actually become tolerable pop rock bands.

EMO a way for ppl that have issues to try and fit in. kinda like that Goth shit years ago, its nothing more then a trend

Shaler"Punk" hates punk rock? WTF