End to muscle cars?

There were some musclecars that trickled into the mix in 1971, 72, and 73. But 1970 was the pinnacle. And especially for Chevy with the LS6 Chevelle.

GM is trying to build up hype and awareness against these new legislations. I worked in the tonawanda plant for a while and they sent around letters and talked about them at department wide meetings like they will lead to the death of the american auto industry. They really don’t want to spend the money on R&D, if they even have any money to spend.

they could easily free up room for the new camaro, which is all that matters. kill of 2/3 of SUVS and trucks.

No it won’t be the end of muscle cars, as they are a small volume compared to the high volume cars, what it will hopefully mean is the end of giant pickups and SUV’s used to commute in. I’m all for the return of small fun cars.

And cars designed to run exclusively ethanol will NOT get worse mileage, they will get better mileage and have more power because they can run higher compression than gas engines. It’s only when you run ethanol in engines designed for gas that you get worse mileage.

Agreed with everything except for the idea that camaros, mustangs aren’t muscle.

Come on Nick, you should know better.

Sports cars = 2 seaters. I’d never consider a Camaro or Mustang as a sports car. I would consider them a muscle car.

So your Challenger isn’t a muscle car then :smiley:

chevy = chevelle, nova, impala, camaro, MC kinda, etc
ford = galaxie, fairlane, mustang etc
mopar = cuda, challanger, charger, superbee, etc