Engagement Ring suggestions/questions

There it is. I spent more than I could afford at the time, though. But it was “the one”, and for “the one”. I’d have spent more if I had to. I found the ring I’d wanted then figured out how much it cost. It all washes out in the end; it’s now paid for and I’m happy as can be… and I still look at it when the light hits it just right, and smile. I could’ve gotten something cheaper that was effective, but it wasn’t about the price. It was about finding the perfect symbolic ring that showed her that I meant every word I’d said when I told her I wanted to spend my life with her. <cue diamond commercial music in background>
I mean, come on, I think nothing of spending a few grand on car mods even when I’m broke. It’s only appropriate to think nothing of spending more on something that means something.
But then again, if she indicates she wants something in “X” price range, then she ain’t the one… I was lucky in that anything would’ve worked for her, which made me want to get her the best I could even more.