Engine problems

Well this is on my 91 Maxima with a VG30E, but I thought I’d ask here. Once in a while, the engine runs really rough, idle goes from 300 to 1000 up and down, up and down and if I try to accelerate, the engine has no power, it misses, etc but if I put my foot to the floor, the engine is perfect, smooth, powerful, it’s a delight.

This problem only happens once in a while, so at first I thought it was the EGR valve since the EGR doesn’t opperate at WOT, so I checked it out and found that the vacuum line was disconnected so I plugged it back in. Same problem.

Checked it further in depth, turns out the metal pipe connecting the EGR to the exhaust was missing (this is where my exhaust leak came from) so I just thought I’d plug both holes. Now is there anything that can happen from plugging the hole on the EGR? ANyways, problem is still there and it’s gettign worst.

I’m trying to sell this damn car and shit keeps breaking, I wanna spend as little money as possible.

Thx guys!

do u have a sub running off of it? if not it could either be ur idle control valve or even just a bad stater just to shoot out some ideas

I don’t have subs and I’m sure how a bad starter could cause engine problems after the car has started? Anyways, maybe the IACV might be a problem…how do you fix that? lol

that i have no idea sorry man cant help you out there ive never had to do it on a nissan i did it on a honda with my brother