engine rebuild

So I wanted to do a rebuild and my engine in my new 240 project has a blown headgasket - I drained the oil that was a chocolate-milk colour to figure that part out. I’m not looking to rebuild it with big power gains, just getting it back to square one is what I’m looking for

Here’s what I’m looking for:
-rebuild links
-aftermarket parts, OEM replacement parts suggestions
-rebuild knowledge
-etc etc

cheers

Step 1. Pull motor.
Step 2. Pull motor apart.
Step 3. Replace rod bearings piston rings and all gaskets.
Step 4. Put it back together.
Step 5. Put it in the car.

Voila!

Step 1. Pull motor.
Step 2. Send it out to a reputable engine shop to get rebuilt
Step 3. Pay the man
Step 4. Put it in the car.

Rebuilding a motor is not for novices.

http://www.kenchanblog.com/

thanks for posting - would it be a little cheaper to pull apart the motor to send to a reputable engine shop

what’s a shop that you would stand behind?

I’m guessing no it wouldnt be cheaper to pull it apart before hand. I think who ever you send it to would like to take it apart themselves so they can check out each piece as it comes apart and organize all the hardware their own way.

I havnt dealt with any engine shops myself, so I cannot reccomend one, but check out the vendors section and message those guys, all of which have a very good reputation.

Good luck.

What engine is in the car?

If its a ka with no mods, I would just search for a used one and drop that in.
Would save you a butt load of money that could be used on other things.

If its an SR, CA, RB, or a built KA, then pull the motor and send it to a shop as said above.

Yeah you’re right, I think that’s what I’m going to have to do, maybe if I work some financial magic I can score an SR. One idea however since I am a novice (sidewayz240 you must be a psychic (sp?) to know that) was to pull the engine, take it apart, just to familiarize myself with the KA engine.

Active Engines in Miss. I have used them in the past, and have had them build race motors with good luck. Wayne or Mike

as draggone to he told me his engien guy will do for $400 and you supply the parts you could go high comp piston and then you could have a bit more power

x2

How to build a KA24DE do it, blow it up buy sr20 in that order