Erie canal carnage

I live right on the canal on Tonawanda creek road, this weather and wind is really tearing everything up around here. The dock in the picture is my neighbors, he called me and woke me up to try and lasso(sp?) it and tie it to a tree. About 4 docks have been lost already an my canoe lol. Cant wait to start cleaning up this mess. Here are some pictures hopefully i will get more tomorrow when it crests. (right now it is about 8-9 feet higher than normal).

:ohnoes: Good luck with everything this weathers been crazy.

Yup. Canals have a habit of overflowing from time to time. Cools pics though.

The canal actually usually never overflows behind my house. In the 26 years of my parents living here the canal has never reached this high

haha.Sucks.

the neighbor 2 doors down dock is totally submerged.It was just lapping at the bottom of mine which is as high as I’ve ever seen before.Mines made of steel and concrete so it’s always fine

LOL do you know Eric Jaszack or the Bushes?

down in tonawanda by the river, the docks there are underwater also, crazy stuff

Nope can’t say that i do.

That one that is floating is made all of the same except for the deck, i asked him if he ever anchored the deck down and he laughed and said probably not.

anyone see the house right on the canal on sweeney street that the water was up above the bottom of their doors?