ErnGotti's 08 EvoX

Okay. So now all of a sudden its okay to lower my car with just springs on the stock struts???

Yes Im a member. Bought some good shit there actually.

Face it, without us you would have bought junk

There are some springs out there that’ll be fine on the stock dampers. Listen to Rubin about this, he and Pete are the most knowledgeable Evo people here, even with the Evo X. We know your research results suck ass, so listen to people who have learned over time. Your stock dampers are valved specifically for a certain spring rate and travel. Getting lowering springs will reduce travel and increase spring rate, so ask knowledgeable suspension tuners such as Robispec and even AMS. There’s a few things you should not be doing, that we all know you’re doing, such as listening to random Joe Schmoes about their opinions. Go with facts or you will fuck your car up. It’s that simple. If a majority of cars makin over 500whp on the stock block run fine but a few blew up, they are exceptions to the rule. Same with suspension people.

AMS makes some good stuff, i lamost bought thier coilover set up for 96-00 civics, but at the time i didnt want to spend 1500 on coilovers, but im very happy with my pics selects

You guys are ridiculous. You tell him everything he wants to do is wrong and stupid, than one of your evo buddies chime in and all of a sudden springs are fine :facepalm.

ErnGotti, if I were you I would just stick to an evo forum :lol

this…at least when us 240 guys gave him shit it was for good reason haha

Me personally, i wouldnt worry about lowering dude, just do simple bolt ons to make it a little faster, its your DD right? so keep it simple brah.

I never said he shouldn’t get springs, I just said he needs to do legit research so he’s not buying a new set of dampers for trying to stunt.

ernie

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/articletype/articleview/articleid/1859/evo-x-tech-tips--february-2010.aspx

some info to check out.

I dont think he should lower it either . Just intake , turbo back and tune and thats it . That has to be low 13s there or high 12s with those mods .

Hhaha 75lb wheels, blue colored exhaust tips, and 100whp chips in the mail… nah need better reasons still :rofl

That car should go 12.9 with a K&N drop-in and a flash.

It does 13.6 stock in 5-speed trim, 13.1 with the $12k “6-speed electronically-shifted twin-clutch manual transmission” lol

Intake, turboback, reflash, Upper & Lower intercooler hardpiping and raised boost to 22psi will put me mid 12s maybe lower if I go to Elizabethtown and learn to launch the car. Cant just dump it. Its gotta be ridden out. Not sure if the Ntercooler will help or not but the Dyno will prove that. If anyone has tips on how to launch this thing then lemme hear em

Thanks H. Ill keep my eyes peeled on that Idler issue

Lol. Jesus Christ.

bounce off rev limiter and dump clutch

AWD is such bullshit lol

Hold on. I tried the traditional “rev it out and dump it” method. I revved to 4900 and when it dumped and caught, I was only at 1700. Boost (best I can tell WITHOUT A GAUGE) doesnt really kick in till approx. 2500. So I dump it that high and still sit in lag. Yes, lag. There’s alot of it with this car. As to be expected.

Im hoping the intake and exhaust and pipes will reduce that some but i know it wont be by much.

So I figured out I can get a smooth, climbing launch by riding the clutch slightly but I reallllly dont wanna do that. However, at the 1320 I want the best time possible.

Elizabeth town, eh? Must be new. You wont get that thing out of the 13’s.

this thread keeps getting better and better:rofl

at a 6.5k dump my car took off fine. you must really be doing something wrong…