ErnGotti's 08 EvoX

^Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

No that is the sound of unspent fuel igniting post turbo. How much white and black smoke is coming out the back?

^I’m sure a ton, these cars run super rich from the factory. All the more reason he needs a tune ASAP to not only take advantage of his mods but to keep the car running safe.

Once upon a time I raced a white evo x with the same mods as him, also untuned. I pulled on him by about two cars. After I put the brakes on he continued past me to like 140mph or something lol. All I could see was alternating black and white smoke coming out the exhaust. Definitely not good for the motor lol.

y no fire?!

oh I forgot, every time he shifted there would be a small flame out the back followed by billowing black smoke. Then white smoke would start coming out again :rofl

on 93 when its warm out and i do a long pull and let out my pipes shoot out a long 2-3 second flame, about two feet long.

hmm

I see no problem with this. Can someone tune my car to do that please?

does yours blow black and white smoke after?

it blows black smoke on 93. pefectly normal. none on e85.

Mine blows black smoke too when getting onto boost, its just fuel enrichment

I’m aware that blowing a little black smoke is fine. A slightly richer tune is better because the car will run cooler.

But, how safe is it when you are blowing both black and white smoke at the same time under load? The tune is obviously screwy.

Yea that’s definitely no good :lol

I work at Napa. Why would I shop at Advance? I installed all three gauges I had. The narrowband A/F is completely up and running, the Boost is functional and illuminated. The Oil Pressure is illuminated but not up and running because I need to purchase the sandwich adapter first.

Video quality isn’t 1080P but its not bad. Boost Peak is 21 then drips to 18. AF gauge is almost ALWAYS pinned in the green except when my foot is off the pedal:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q292/Sarkastik6969/th_Gauges.jpg

I only shoot black smoke. No oil burning in this car.

You are officially one of the most stupid people I know.

The gauge pod is just atrocious, and a narrowband AFR gauge? Really? How about I just give you a phone call every 4seconds and just say “Now you’re rich… Now you’re lean… Now you’re rich…”

Seriously. Narrowband is pointless garbage junk.

GUAGES. WORK. FINE.

:rofl @ narrowband

You realize that is nothing more than a lightshow and in no way shape or form gives you anywhere close to an accurate measure as to how rich/lean your car is running?

You’d get a more accurate measurement paying chuck to ride behind you with a walkie talking telling you how much smoke is comming out of your vehicle

And that gauge pod is by far the most horrendous looking thing I have ever seen

THEY ARE ALWAYS IN SIGHT.