ErnGotti's 08 EvoX

Really really.

And I had a guy contact me who will do the following for $150:

Loan me a Tactrix cable & a copy of EvoScan (I supply the laptop, which is no big deal), I get everything up and running, and do a pull. I upload everything and he’ll download it from wherever he is located, he adjusts the fuel mapping, and other such things, uploads the new settings, I download them into my ECU, and we start the process over until I have “ZERO KNOCK” as he overemphasized. That seems to be the best possible way for me to go. You should look into it too. I’ll get you his info if you wish.

And the Cobb was going to be loaned to me. Nothing permanent, just something better till I could get around to installing the downpipe and getting a hold of this guy.

^Sounds like a good deal you got there. Let me know how you make out and post some graphs, charts, etc. if you can. I’m still driving to a reputable tuner but I’d be interested to see how your gains are.

I’d never do a mail order tune like that. Go get a real dyno tune and stop wasting money.

that is an open source tune, which is what has been being suggested to you for the last page.

except that dude is just some random dude.

if you were planning on spending $500 on an AP anyways WHY NOT JUST GET A REPUTABLE CUSTOM OPEN SOURCE TUNE FOR THE SAME PRICE.

god damn bro.

Because some forum dude will do it for me brah come on he’s legit.

Its not mail order. I’ll be on the phone with him and everything. He just wont be IN the car.

He isn’t a random dude. He is a reputable tuner. I just dont have his name in my memory banks at the moment. And like I said about the AP…I’m supposed to be BORROWING it…not paying for it…

Again…not “some dude”, its Tom @ VR-Speed. This is his PM to me:

i can offer you the best price at only 150 right now due to me offering low pricing to get the most customers i possibly can so i can build a resume… i have been tuning for over 10 years, but haven’t ever offered my services to public before.

You will buy a tactrix cable from me or rent one and get evoscan and you will do pull and log the pulls and send me the data and i will adjust the tune on the rom file and send the rom to you and you will flash the rom… we keep repeating this until the cars making the max power possible safely with zero knock and that is it… sending the ecu to me would do nothing for you… the tune needs to be done specifically for your vehicle… therefore the ecu must stay in your vehicle and we must tune the ecu IN your vehicle. just like a dyno tune…

1 hour on a well prepped car

Heres some reviews of customers Ive done:

Soo since I forgot which pictures are posted of the exhaust I’m just gonna do them all especially since the dp is on:

How loud is that exhaust?

It actually sounds really good…I was worried for him that it would sound ricey…Nice deep tone to it…Surprised me…

I haven’t heard it with the downpipe on it though…

Ricey max.

^That’s what I would’ve thought especially with a DP.

I dont get it. Everything in this thread goes as such.

“do this”- Mitsubishi.
“nah, i got this.”- erngotti.

Not to mention all these things have been beaten to death over on EvoM and EvoXforums. You can spend weeks if not months researching mods before pulling the trigger.

Erngotti’s modding theory.

1. Find some outrageous idea that sounds like it would work.
  2. Search EvoM for idea.
  3. Look through all the posts saying it wont work.
  4. Find ONE post that says it will work.
  5. Post on shift about plans.
  6. Receive gracious amounts of hate and reasonable reasons as to why it wont work.
  7. Do it anyway.

39 pages.

unreal.

The tone of the exhaust with the catback is the same exact tone as the exhaust with the dp as well. The only difference is at WOT AND full boost it rumbles deeper (not louder, just deeper) and growls when I shift (which I believe is the sound of the wastegate echoing through the pipes, but I’m not sure).

Do you have an AFR gauge or a boost gauge yet? If not they’re a good investment before your tune.

do they sell them at advance auto parts on the ‘tuner’ wall?

no?

well there ya go.