ErnGotti's 08 EvoX

Bingo. Look at my build thread on my 92x. I want a fun DD, so everything I purchase will work with this in mind. I don’t need the best parts and I don’t always buy new, but I make sure they are decent products to begin with.

Suspension: STi struts, H&R springs - at this point in time, after selling my oem setup and the extras, I paid about $200 for the setup. I will be putting in Sedan LCA, axles, and sway bar to give it a wider track and have more negative camber.

Wheels: Used 17 x 8 + 45 Enkei RPF1 with 245/40/17 Hankook Ventus RS2

Power - Invidia Catless Downpipe, 3" - 2.5" Midpipe, Prodrive muffler, Grimmspeed ECBS and a tune. This is good for 13s as-is. In the future I’ll be adding an STi turbo and intercooler and a tune.

My car is a decent all-around daily driver and that’s what I wanted. If I wanted to go all out, there would be other things swapped out instead.

I want your car, but with a sti 6 speed and brembos

who doesnt. :lol

in the future, I may pick up the 4-pots (black no red) instead and some decent pads, but those brembos are too blingy/expensive for me. :cry:

Oh yeah…?

Benny, I’m already aware of what needs to be done…hence why I said imma track it allll yearrrrrr as is. I’m still trying to save up for a COBB AP but otherwise the car wont really be touched.

PF01s are pretty hot. I’ve looked at them already. I dont like the six spoke look. never did, really.

And I just installed the downpipe wednesday…sounds viscious :slight_smile:

Which DP did you end up going with?

who tuned the car?

save for a real tune, it will be cheaper, more reliable, and you will gain more power

you are stupid for throwing a full turboback exhaust and intake on your car untuned. Good luck

CNT. Its based off the ETS system. Fit perfect. Sounds wonderful too. Came with all necessary parts and gaskets. Catback went on first, about an hour and a half with me and another guy doing it. The downpipe took only an hour. No CEL yet either :smiley: A lift is a must though if you dont wanna fight and fight.

What makes you say that? The car runs quite rich from the factory. By allowing more airflow with intake and turboback it makes the car have more power, but SAFELY. Did lots of reading. A tune is the best thing for the car, though, BECAUSE it runs so rich, but I’m far from grenade status. The AccessPort is something plenty of EVO X guys do. It happens to be a “real tune” because the use can install preset settings OR map their own settings.

If I happen to go with cams or a bigger turbo/injectors blah blah blah then I’d get a dyno tune for sure.

AP is junk. Why buy an aftermarket piggyback EMS when you can open source tune it for free?

Awesome Ern. You have all the basic bolt-ons you need now. I have to agree with cazwrx187 though. Save up for a custom tune and really unleash the power of the car and all those mods. It’s by far the best mod you can do.

So the car runs rich everywhere over the power band, at every single load level, at any rpm?
You did all the math to calculate how much more air is being let it everywhere over the power band, at every single load level, at any rpm??
You calculated how all that air would react with the “rich” stock tune everywhere over the entire power band, at every single load level, at any rpm??
You calculated how the decreased back pressure would affect the above?
You calculated how the millions of things I left out come into play?
Did you do any logging whatsoever?
You can tune the with your mind bro?

I didn’t think so. A cat back is one thing, but an intake and downpipe as well is a ticking time bomb. Get a tune ASAP or take all the parts off until you can afford a tune.

500 dollar tune or 9000 dollar engine. Your choice.

Cobb is junk do not buy.

How can it get tuned for free?

It won’t be free for the tune itself but the “EMS” is free. It’s just reflashing your stock ECU, which is more than enough for you. I know you’ll go waste the money on AP anyways, but plenty of big power cars have been open source tuned reliably.

AP is $700 for the X, you can get an Ivey Tune or similar for $400-$500. Save some dough and get a custom tune, you’ll yield more gains.

turbo travis’ Evo is tuned open source makes ALOT of power.

understatement :rofl

ok, it makes a whole bunch of power. about 250 shy of 1000.

Where you been hunting? Brand new AP’s cost $495 and used close to $300.

Really? The cheapest I’ve seen is $595. Regardless I’m not hunting for an AP I’m going with a pro tune since it yields more in terms of gains.