ErnGotti's 08 EvoX

Rays wheels are too expensive. I dont have a track car…

I did listen…thats why I looked further…Its simple enought to just do what im doing to gain traction and handling without spending LOTS of money on suspension…There is a set of coilovers that can cost $13,100!!! OMG!

What size wheels do you have now? I would just get better tires.

I meant my body was experiencing high g-forces :lol

good tires, good brake pads, stainless brake lines /thread

No you didnt fool. It’s “simple enough” because its wrong. It will not yield the result you want. No one is suggesting you buy ANYthing at all, just properly utilize what you already have.

I never had a track car either, I’ve had a couple sets of Volks, actually I still have a set now.

If I had your Evo I would get a simple set of Tein colovers for around $1000 and find some used Volks or Advans in good condition and rock the shit out of them. Even a set of $1000 coilovers should be able to satisfy any spirited street driving you want to do.

If you can’t afford coilovers there are quite a few companies making lowering springs for the X as well. I would recommend the Swift Sport Mach’s as they lower the car a modest amount and with the roads around here that’s not a bad thing. Just be sure to get the White Line Center Roll kit too.

As far as rims go if you’re not looking to break the bank then Enkei or dare I say Rota is the way to go.

No suspension is even required…

Exactly. The car does 1g stock on the skidpad. Better tires are all it needs in the handling department.

Yup. Better tires, aftermarket brake pads. All set.

What are you rocking for mods on your Evo? Yours is silver by what I see in your sig, right?

Enkei PF01 18x9.5 35mm offset. Weighs only 20.8 pounds although the same size RPF1 weighs 2 pounds less. $349 a piece from Tirerack. I’m sure you could get a better deal from a vendor. I would buy the RpF1’s over the PF01’s if it were my car though.

PF01
http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/ENKPF01.jpg

My X is black, I just stole my sig pic from Google.

I have a few basic bolt-on’s right now. A high flow cat, CBE, drop-in filter and UICP. Next is new injectors, fuel pump and Ivey tune.

Yeah the RPF1 are very popular among the Evo faithful in both the +35 and +15 sizes. Unfortuantely he doesn’t want them.

I had them on my sti, absolutely loved them. They look good on anything.

Evo X’s especially.

Even Mustangs :rofl

^Agreed. :lol @ Mustang pic.

Ok dude. I’m going to not make fun of you for one whole post, I’m just going to ask you one thing:

WTF is the purpose of this car?! Sit down and think about it. Drag racing? Roll racing? Do you want to do auto-x? Do you want to take it to a race track? Make up your mind.

If it’s just going to be a fun street car, give it a bit more power, put it on lowering springs, get a nice set of wheels, and drive within your limits. If that car is getting away from you/losing traction on the street at all, then you are outside of your limits and need to chill the fuck out.

If you answered either of the last two of my questions as ‘yes’, then heed this advice: Do some auto-x with the car as it sits, let someone who knows what they’re doing ride with you and listen to what they’re telling you when they give you suggestions. Once you have a few of those under your belt, and you have a good feel for the car, register with the BMW Car Club of America so you can do a driving event at a race track with them. They are one of the best driving event sponsors you could ask for. Then save up some coin for ANY maintenance the car could possibly need, do all of that, buy a decent set of track-pads, and throw down the $3-400 on a driving event at an actual race track. If that last bit is too rich for your blood, then you can volunteer with the BMW CCA at any local track, learn the ins and outs of it, and for every weekend you work they GIVE YOU A FREE TRACKDAY. Free. No charge. You will get an instructor and you will fucking listen to him.

The rest will be, as they say, history.

THEN start spending money on go-fast parts.

This post might be a bit hypocritical but for fucks sake man, you need to get out of the rattle-canned honda accord with ebay wheels mode you seem to be stuck in and start learning something.

I say this all with love, reluctantly.

A+ plus post Benjamin.

Erngotti, listen to this man.

This is still the best thread on shift

The gray Evo I shot had RPF1’s, those looked great.