ErnGotti's 08 EvoX

I’ll try. You bastards better get all your partying in before september 17-18 though lol thats the next Edinburg

What do some of the prepped underpowered FWD’s run up there? I would love to beat the stock jetta around that bitch and see whats up. lol

I have a 03’ Spec V with snow tires up front…I ran a 1:19.5xx…That’s a pretty good time though for a stock fwd car…I would say low 1:20’s is normal for a stock car and sub 1:20’s for more prepped cars

Shane what did mike hit in the CRX with a broken ball joint and bald tires? 1:21’s?

I hit 1:25 in a 5-speed aveo…you want underpowered, you dont get much worse than 103 crank hp lol

Mike got into the 1:19’s I think…

Mike hit 1:19’s

sweet, so I have a shot at high 17’s then maybe. lol

I will drive the balls off this bitch to post a time close to the evoh, I wont leave the track until I do! lol

you guys sold me the wrong wheel bearing for my car :facepalm

“You Guys” or the guy who rung you out? You still got the receipt? Whats the counterman number? lol I have a sneaking suspicion I know who it may be…

You wont hit 1:17 in any stock fwd you own…sorry…but you can try all you like :slight_smile:

x2

Just last night I tagged 13.32@103.06 1.902-60’

The second stage of the 2-stage rev limiter kicked in for the first time too lol I didn’t know the car would jump to 7200!! It threw me off and the part that got me most was when I let off the gas to drop it back down so I could get it back to the 5500k bang, it sat at 7k and revved all on its own, without my foot. Whoa.

I need that effin tune.

no just need to understand your car. Read the owners manual.

Idk man, this was atleast 2 weeks ago, my car was apart so i had to go to the closest place and buy one, my dad returned it for me, idk who rung me out but you were all up at the register looking at it! its all good tho

Okay dad. Thanks. I’m glad I have you for guidance.

You are fucking right Son. No go help your mom in the kitchen and get me a beer!

Hey, at that high above sea level I’m getting the car .3 seconds faster than the stock mitsu rating was with a PROFESSIONAL DRIVER…I’m not doing too bad. And you’re just too much of a lecturer to admit that.

The phrase “Give credit where credit is due” seems to escape you. Not just with me, but you write novels to everyone it seems. No one is good enough for you unless they are on tv, and even then you think you know more.

Look, the tune IS necessary, regardless of how fast the car is right now. IT NEEDS A TUNE. End of story. Not just so that I can go faster at edinburg or lvd, but because the car really needs it. Put differently, the car needs a tune, regardless of who owns it and what it is being driven at.

I don’t think the stock mitsu with professional driver had an intake, catless dp, exhaust etc. So basically you dumped all that money to gain .3 seconds. Get a tune dude. :number1

Bro I am. Try convincing Woody of that, though. But my point is I highly doubt I would have hit 13.6 in stock trim. I would have been lucky to do 13.8 or 13.9.

I got lucky with the MSM. It was rated 15.1 stock but I had a super cold air night, a good warming up of the tires, and took 14.9.

:rofl

Apparently you wanted me to give you a hug for hitting 4 gears in 13.x seconds in a straight line? Sorry I dont sung off evoh nuts so i didnt know it was a big deal to run a mid 13.

All I said was you need to understand what is/can/does/will go on with the car as it sits. You said it twice now. Once when someone showed you that the built in launch control shit does, and you were like WOAAH I didnt know it can do that, it ripps now. And last night you just found out what the secondary revlimiter shit was. That solidifies my assumption from WAAY back about the platform is more than the driver can handle/understand fully. Hence my comment “go read the manual”.

I give credit when credits due, to people/projects/work when it actually catches my attention and makes me think “how did they do that” or “wow thats different” or what ever. But when it comes to an everyday joe working at Napa running around in a 30K car needlessly modding it… I have yet to be impressed. sry.

hows that for a novel?