Evacuate/Excavate R12 A/C Refrigerant

Well it’s “done”
I took care of it on Monday. I went to just about every shop in Markham asking if they could do it and they said that no one has the R12 stuff anymore. Most of them said they threw out the equipment 5+ years ago cause no one used it anymore.

The environmental fee is disputable to most shops. They will not charge to remove it if you can prove it is valuable to them. Most shops said they’d love to take it off my hands free of course but they just don’t have the equipment. Take a look at what a bottle of R12 is selling for on Ebay right now and you’ll understand what I’m talking about. And it’s not like this stuff gets bad or used out or anything. If your system is still full then it could be 100 years the refrigerant is still going to perform today as it did 100 years earlier.

The way of removing it by letting it lose into the air is illegal, and it makes it even worse that it’s in a garage at my Aunts house.
Anyway, like I said, it’s “done” :R

Oh yes, and the Calipers are officially spoken for. They will be in Vlad’s (dubv) hands on Saturday.
hahaha you can ask him for the calipers, but I doubt he’d sell them