Mobile Air Conditioning Service?

There’s a guy in Rochester who will come to your house and evacuate/recharge/diagnose the A/C on your car. My parents had him look at their minivan a couple years ago. It seemed very unnecessary to me at the time.

Is there anything like this in Buffalo? I have a project car that I would like to remove the A/C from, but it needs the R12 evacuated. I don’t have the means to tow it somewhere. Anybody know how much it typically costs to have R12 removed from a car?

I fail to see the need of such a service. disconnect A/C line stand clear.

Get an old pump cut cord. Put end into old milk jug. Screw threaded end on.

why would you empty a gas into a milk jug? it will just float away anyway.

Thought it wAs like a green liquid. I suck.

There is some dye and a few ounces of oil in the system but it is not significant. although a little bit of the dye goes a long way.

step one…
open line

step two…
cover eyes

step three…
drink beer

step four…
rep benefits

this is why my project cars are 20 yr old shitboxes, the refridgerant has always leaked out years before I ever laid eyes on it lol

If you call around they might be able to find someone that will do it. r12 might be hard to come by since i don’t think you can buy it anymore. Maybe like resto shops who would be concerned with not converting?

x2, cut the lines and stand back

I doubt it. the cost of R12 is not even worth screwing around. The conversion to 112A is a no brainer.

Well I definitely won’t be cutting the lines as I’ve been offered over $200 a few times for the A/C setup since it still works(and I know it has plenty of R12 left in it). And the stuff is pretty nasty, I wouldn’t want to release it. Not to mention the GIANT fine associated with doing that.

I don’t know of any mobile air condition services but you could try and post a craigslist add for free R12 and see if anyone with a machine is willing to come get it.

take an allen wrench and push down the valve, letting it go into the air, who is going to tell on you if you release it? be discreet and do it in a driveway or something where no one sees you

Figuring out how to release it isn’t the problem, and I’m not actually worried about getting caught. I just don’t want to do it.
The craigslist idea is good though.