Ever feel like you are the only competent person where you work?

sign in.

ugh what a day.

Well, I am the only competent person at work.

“Adam, I got this guy on the line, can our xxx series switch do QoS?”
Me - Smack!!!

could be worse… you could have your bosses, giving promises for great things, and just fucking you over time after time…

um…i work in the IT department for the state that when people get bored they try to change anything from key numbers to closets to network closet layouts to cable management methods to student responsbilities and supervisors. constantly things go wrong as a result from changes and the old system was working fine.

then when it comes to the actual work, no one seems to want to do anything right. sucks when someone making a student rate has to fix what some high level full time person is getting paid to do right

i feel like this every day.

Anyone hiring network engineers/admins/techs?

Yes. In my current case, affirmative action puts some people in charge that have absolutely no business even working at the place, let alone being in charge of anyone.

Move to california dude. Move to california.

Or just get your experience with the state now, and move up to a real job with them in the future.

Haha sounds like you worked for my last job at the county.

I would have loved to see some of their resumes since the IT managers look at you like you just landed from mars when you ask “What is the IP of that machine”

Even in the restaurant where i work, I have this feeling, and my boss tells me that im right. At least my managerial staff is competent and intelligent.

truth

im still waiting on our end of the month bonus. Hopefully tomorrow

I had, a nice fat paid vacation promised to me, time and time again. More responsiblities… and better pay, but they gave those all away to a complete ass kisser… sooo much love let me tell you

oh in.

my one detail manager says to me once, ‘i always know when you’re in the booth, because you know what you’re fucking doing’

oh my job…i mean they fired me once and then they called me and asked me if i wanted my job back…true story.

lol WTF? try using the word management next time.

I used to feel that way, so I got a new job. Now I honestly feel like I’m surrounded by some of the best and brightest in Buffalo. It’s quite nice to be able to spend my days tackling technical challenges rather than trying to slip productivity past management. :tup:

I’m in for this one…

managerial was a valid word to use there.

!

Thank you

seriously, wtf is our friday at 5???

LOL different job i’m yappin about… but yea… there are other issues that are a little more important right now than the friday at 5.

i have no problem with the management as im part of it, and just had 11 days off PAID cause of my hospital visit. however, the people the guys higher up than me are hiring to work for/with me should be wearing helmets on the shortbus.

pfffhhh sometimes, stupid jay wonch :stuck_out_tongue: I heart him and he knows it.