Ever feel like you are the only competent person where you work?

yeah, like shitting on valuable employees…ziiiiiinnnnnggggggg

I hate you, so very very much.

Meh there are jobs here…I don’t know about the grass is greener thing…Ya they have more jobs you still need experience or your gonna end up making 40k a year doing help desk which would equal out to 30k a year here.

I get to tell Skunkape what to do from time to time…hmm that would make me the competent one.

There is no growth in Buffalo. That is the only issue. I would rather work in Cali or North Carolina and start off making a little money but have opportunities to grow and make more money quicker than take a job in buffalo in a dead end market.

It really does depend on your field. My networking field is big in North Carolina. You say Cisco certified and people beg over you.

:bloated:

i completely feel this way at work. except i’m in a bigger company, so there ARE some competent people. honestly i would say about 2 or 3 out of 10 are competent, but only 1 out of every 10 is worthy of what they are being paid. the other 7-8 out of 10 don’t know what they are doing, constantly do things wrong or ask silly questions, or just aren’t even worth spending a salary on.

many of the “managers” that are in their positions have basic degrees in bus management, have been here 10-15 years, and are corporate ass kissers. this is 100% truth. they care more about making sure procedures are updated in a timely manner and that employee happiness surveys are completed instead of actually getting the work done quickly and correctly. hence they have teams of 7 and 8 doing jobs that 3 or 4 can easily do.

i still bet that 1/2 of the people in this thread that complain about idiots at work… are some of the idiots that others complain about.

haha thats cause they post on nyspeed all day and dont get any work done :rofl:

:word:

when you find out 1/2 wits make $2 hour more than you for literally sleeping at their desk. even when they were awake they did nothing.
that makes it much more fun.

but, corporate mother ship dumped them in their 30% staff reduction a while back. they also made the phd engineer my boss… the same guy who was calculating how mant strands of wire to use as a fuse in the labs $1100 DMM after tech boy(62) blew my 4 spare fuses.

he “consults” with us now.

i’m sure i have become difficult to work with nowadays… :smiley:
(mental note: find rewarding job)