God bless people that work in IT.....

I think I know now why sonny always wanted to kill people… I’ve been the IT person for only a week or two, and seriously I want to kill myself. People are such retards, and fucking WHINERS. They whine about their norton being expired for a day… they whine about their favorites being combined with the person that owned their computer last instead of overwriting them, they whine about not being able to get on the internet for 2 minutes, they whine about their gigabit switch that they don’t really need that isn’t here yet when I ordered it yesterday… :madfawk:

I hope this doesn’t last long… I wanted the experience, not the aggravation!

haha… this is why i no longer deal with any sort of user-end support.

fuck all that.

x2:finger2:

Well lucky you guys… I don’t have a choice right now.

I hate people…

HAHAHAHAHA !!! Try being the helpdesk… We try to filter the calls to the support folks. Sometimes the calls are just so ridiculous… you don’t know what to say to them.
I had a guy call the other day saying his GPS wasn’t working. Keep in mind this is something he installed on his own and was not provided by the company. When I told him it was not supported and we could not help him with it, he tried to bully me into helping him. So I had to bully him back. He tried to tell me that he would loose an entire days work because his GPS wasn’t working… I was tempted to tell him that most gas stations sell maps…

HAHAHAH…get used to it NOW…cause it only gets worse. I have been working for a company for about a year and a half on part of the OLB tech team. You hear it all…I have just learned to block out ALL ( well, most ) of the stupid things people say and just focus on the problem… HANG IN THERE!!

But if you can’t and the stress gets to be too much, HERE’S A SUGGESTION: Try ( when no one is looking of course ) Jumping up on your desk…making monkey noises…pick up your monitor then slam it down…and just pee right there, on your desk!!

That seemed to work for the guy next to me!!

:rofl: I’ll keep that in mind… lol.

ugh, try phone support… been doing it for 2 years, thinking about moving over to verizon just to make the bills. Damn school loans kick in around august.

Im so oblivious to people the bitch and whine. The way i take it is, if you dont listen to me, your not getting you problem taken care of. so STFU and deal with it.

pssh… i like what i do in IT. I build intricate systems that are all unique, I do Research and Development on new products, and I help design customer solutions form the top level.

Depending on where you are at in IT, its pretty fun

i just plug a bunch of shit in and watch the lights flicker… it’s relaxing

our IT guy is chinese and is funny as ish…always swearing…

Just curious… Don’t answer if you don’t want to…

How much do you make? What kind of phone support? And what do you mean make the big bucks at Verizon?

I make sure the security is in the blinky thing.

you dont have the blinkey thing… we do

which blinky thing? Server or pc?

blinky thing is a Cisco Pix firewall

i like being responsible for the well-being of thousands of poeple

haha, i worked for Iomega, remember the zip drives? I work for apple now on their ipod support. My company fucked me and cut my departments jobs and took our raises… what I make is barely enough for me to make my bills now.

As for verizon, its the consulting position, its a hard position that requires a good bit of sales skills. Its for phones/dsl everything. Training is like 4 mo. Kid I talked too thats a lurker on here said he banked 600 a week gross(i know to some of the people on here thats not alot, but for me its what I make in 2 weeks) thru training alone. Ive been thinking of gettin in there, maybe move to FIOS installation, but you have to be there a year.

I deal with people all day. I get a call that someone’s server crashed or something and I go fix it. I can’t remember the last time I got upset because of work. I just do my thing and don’t worry about them. I am not at work because I like it, i’m just there for a paycheck; that mindset gets me through the rough days.