Ever have a furnace replaced?

Mr. Fry pm me exactly what you want to spend/need my buddy’s dad is the owner or riemer heating and cooling and he works for them so i can probably help you out with a discount. pm me an ill let you know later.

http://www.energytaxincentives.org/consumers/heating-cooling.php
http://www.tax.state.ny.us/pdf/memos/multitax/m06_4c_6i.pdf

Looks like $150 federal and $500 state.

afrank you’ve got a PM :tup:

OK. I’ve got a call in at Capital Heating and at Noco. And afrank is going to get me a free furnace from Reimer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Noco actually does furnace work and sells natural gas, who knew? They’re also Building Performance Institute certified. So is Reimer.

I’ll update this thread as I get info from them for those of you interested.

www.nyserda.org

my dad just did this, he bought the furnace and had a contractor install it.

Very cheap deal, much better than calling a heat company

• 1 for Adema. good folks they replaced my furness and new ac(lenox) to boot approx 4 years ago. 125,000 i think it was 3500.00 installed. it was in the fall and they put the heat in and came back in spring to do the ac (it was a deal to pay both up front) Who ever you go through ask them if they have a cash discount, it pays .

There are coupons in the game day book from yesterday’s game. $200 in free gas with the purchase of a new heating system and 10% of service repair.

Ha.
I have a noco guy coming today to do an energy audit.

my furnace (100,000BTU) was installed back in 86.
i’m sure thats the 1st thing he will suggest.
I just hope he finds all the drafts so I can fix them :slight_smile:
kida sucks heating a house with little 50 y/o insulation in the walls :frowning:

[quote=“Fry,post:15,topic:38214"”]

FYI, National Fuel will install up to a 100 foot line to the house for free.

[/quote]

make sure they put it outside… mines in the basements and i HATE having it there.
i wanted to put a bar in that corner :frowning:

By “it” do you mean the meter?

I hope the outside of my walls are insulated, because if not then my only insulation is the cinder blocks. Yes I have an all block house. Great if the big bad wolf gives me any shit. Not so great for the heating bills.

I’m pretty sure my furnace is the original from when the house was built in 1952. :ohnoes:

Capital Heating is coming for an estimate tomorrow. His off-the-cuff ballpark was $2600-$3000.

I’m going to get quotes from Noco and Reimer too.

I might buy a gas hot water tank Thursday. They’re only a couple hundred bucks and mine’s 15 years old so it’ll pay for itself in a year or so, and that way I would have proof of purchasing a gas appliance so National Fuel will run the line. That way I can get the ball rolling on that while getting the furnace quotes, so that running the line doesn’t slow things down. I want to get this done before it gets real cold and before I have to buy more oil. I’m down to a 1/4 tank.

“it” was in fact the meter :slight_smile:

get a tankless heater…
then, when the little piggies come to stay with you, you will not run out of hot water.
:slight_smile:

Tempting, but probably not. They’re around a grand, but there’s a $300 dollar tax rebate. Plus they’re way more efficient. But I don’t think I want to spend $700 on a water heater when I can spend $300.

Ok b/c I don’t know and I would like to find out saying I just bought a house a month ago…

With tax credit do you get that right back in the return or do you have to meet a deductible before you can get it…

I have put in 3 new doors and putting on a new roof and sidding …can i get alot back with that?

Taxes? Deductible? Pancakes? :stuck_out_tongue:

If I remember correctly you can get up to $200 back for more efficient doors, but that’s the limit. Not per door. Roofing and siding aren’t energy conserving equipment, so no dice there.

I’ve got Reimer scheduled to come out now too, but they can’t make it for 2 weeks, whereas Noco and Capital Heating are coming out tomorrow and Thursday. I’ll call Adema and see if they can make it this week too.

I believe that tankless water heaters will not work in a power outage, due to there is no pilot. I may be wrong, when i looked into approx a year and half ago that was the case.

i heard the same about the tankless.

but, i’m sure he’s got a generator…

noco guy was cool, did a walk through and suggested i plug all the holes and
that the former owner got hosed by putting a 100,000 BTU furnace in when
all my duct work cant even flow that much heat. (lots of 4" dia pipes)

nice guy, did not try to sell me anything.

[quote=“Pauly,post:35,topic:38214"”]

I believe that tankless water heaters will not work in a power outage, due to there is no pilot. I may be wrong, when i looked into approx a year and half ago that was the case.

[/quote]

For some reason my electric water heater won’t work in a power outage either. Piece of shit…

Just got the quote from Capital Heating. Amana 95% efficient, 70k BTU, 2 stage burner: $2970. The guy estimates my gas bill will be $600-700 per year. Based on oil currently at $3.10 and what I paid last year, this will pay for itself in a whopping 2.1 years. No brainer?

He wanted $1100 to replace the electric water tank with a 40 gallon direct vent gas tank. I’ll just do that myself as soon as I figure out how to blast a hole in a cinder block for the pvc vent pipe, without knocking the entire block loose.

Actually… This furnace is efficient enough that it does not vent through the chimney. If I keep the oil furnace I’ll need to drop $700 on having a new liner installed. So including that savings, this furnace will actually pay for itself in 1.7 years. Durr…

yea…
the noco guy suggested i only get a 70,000BTU furnace.
and that i unblock my cold air returns…

he says block, i say childproof :smiley:

decent price on the furnace. :tup:

tankless awter heater is where its at… though its expensive. ~$1k for the unit, plus $$$ for the triple wall exh vent pipe. Looked into it as well. If you cant put the unit on an exterior wall, it can be anywhere from $500 - 1k in pipe.
Plus w/e install labor is.

My gas water heater is great in power outages. But then again, the gas stove does too… theres always a fallback.