WTB: HVAC Installer Sevices

I have this forced air gas heater in my garage to keep my Skyline warm :-). Its made by Inter-City and runs on large industrial propane cylenders.

I want to convert it to use BBQ propane cylender instead cause the industrial ones aren’t delivered to houses (delivery fee is $60!). Or maybe convert to natural gas.

I was told it needs a regulator and a chiney cap.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/Z-Tuned/heater.jpg

i dont know if this is along his lines but i know lucky on the forums does alot of custom cylinder work. it might be worth giving him a shout, just an idea.

Talk to Phil.

Sry I got 160 posts…not sure who Phil is.

you have to change the orfuses(injectors in car terms lol) to bbq propane,any hvac place should be able to get you orfuses for that

Hi,

Out of curiosity, how much are you willing to spend?

I might some1 in the heating and air conditioning industry, but I am not sure if this is readily doable. I’ll ask him if it’s worth the time and money.

Let me know.

to convert to natural gas you would need

natural gas line ran, gas valve, burners(come with orfices), a board and a thermostat would be reccomended for highest efficency plus a chimney liner, it would cost alot

^^^Ouch sounds pricey.

Well since the ground is frozen and can’t run a hardline into the garage anyway I’m prob going to asses the NG route in he spring.

For now…I need someone to get it fired. It has a stat and a hardline running outside to where it connected to a large 100-pound propane tank.

I’d like to run it in a smaller residential 40-pounder that I can fill at COSTCO or whatever.

Any takers.

Well im an HVAC mechanic.
I hope there are no takers because thats illegal. so if your going to pay out the 50k fine if TSSA catches you heyy.
Id say your best bet if to convert to NG. which is expensive yes. But could be justified depending on the age and condition of the unit heater.
Another option is to install an infared heater. which will probably cost just as much as a conversion for the unit heater. BUT that option depends on the ceiling height.
Just some insight. If you need anything else regarding this topic feel free to PM me.
Good Luck