EviltoM build

I havent updated my cage thread in a long time so I just started another one. The cage is done and Ive been working on motor, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, dual pump hanger, fuel rail, and a bunch of other stuff. Check the pics son.

More pics and stuff here:
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36385

How has no one commented this?

Shit rules! its good to see someone in ontario handling biz!

2 J Z no shit…

that cage confuses me. Its a S&W pre built but modified? What spec did you modify it to? I mean I assume you didnt just eyeball it and add extra bracing wherever you thought it should go. What spec is it built to? Im assuming this is going to be a drag car.

Why is there no diagonal? Is this not required for drag? afaik SCCA requires a diagonal. Im not gonna lie I dont know alot about cages but it just looks a bit funny to me.

Cage is built for drag, its a basic 10 point, nothing more. It will have to be certified by the NHRA when I run a 9.99 or faster which is what the car is being built for. And its an S&W pre-bent cage, it took weeks of measuring, cutting, tacking, etc to get it right. There was no cutting corners during the cage build because it would make no sense to have one if I did, dont you agree? Im just a garage hobbyist with a lot of practice and pride in what I do. I enjoy every minute of it and would like to make a career out of it some day. this is just the beginning.

respect the custom work, but I would have done that intake a little different.

http://www.amsteam.net/files/4_bduc9/amsf1icast.jpg

…that intake cost me $40 to make. Now I have more money for beer, pot, and hookers.

If I had a shop like AMS, I probably would have done it different…but this is my home garage, not a machine shop, and Im a hobbyist like I stated earlier. So your post is useless. Have you ever built anything before? And not counting Lego’s?

Anyway, I finished the exhaust mani today, just needs to be fully welded now. Also made brackets for my home made fuel rail, and tacked the injector bungs into the intake manifold. Pics are on my ka-t.org page if you would like to see, I dont wanna link them on too many forums.

Your needs sound just about right for your average joe, Don’t listen to the haters…

Carry on! whats the exterior of the car look like btw.

Are you not going to run a fuel return line in that dual pump setup? Did the JZ fuel rail even use a return fuel line system?

Or am I stupid and not seeing something lol?

The dual pump setup has a -10an feed that is fed by 2 pumps through a Y, the tube running down and back is the return which is a -8an.

^oh Very Nice! I Like!

this is so sick

this is one thing i want to try and do

ill start with baby steps… with an exhaust

what turbo are you using?

Nice work!!!

any more info on the 2j? what kind of cams are you running? any head work done? your set up looks good man keep it up.

peace

that is going to be one dangerous car…wow

Thanks fellas.

Turbo is a borg warner s372.
Cams are stock, no headwork. maybe in the future.

Yes the plan was to build a dangerous car, that will be driven on the street when its nice out. On drag radials, with full solid mounts, and a full cage. You can call me hardcore/stupid/wtf. Thats ok, I know I have some issues.

That manifold is gorgeous

looks like the 9" cover. How much did it set you back?