Evo 9 vs. 10 Motor Trend Test

2:36 :lol:

PROOF that magazine testers ARE NOT DRIVIING GODS:

Reno Fernley

PTD and H4 are extremely comparable to ITA, H4 is slower, PTD is the sam(ish).

140 whp Hondas running 2:29. Even with all season a T2 (Evos with stock suspension and no chips,no boost controllers are classified T2) car should be faster than an ITA car.

From the article…

“we enlisted the help of Erwin Nagl, chief instructor of the Pro Control Driving Academy at RFR and former DTM driver and BMW and Bondurant driving instructor, to slice and dice the best times.”

You could probably drive circles around him I know.
:picard:

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:22,topic:39480"”]

You could probably drive circles around him I know.

[/quote]

I never said that, thanks for putting words in my mouth :tup:

I never said I was good, I just poionted out that your preception of what a fast lap time is flawed.

I’m sure that guy can drive better than me, but you saying 2:36 is a miracle lap is laughable. The transponder never lies.

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:23,topic:39480"”]

I never said that, thanks for putting words in my mouth :tup:

I never said I was good, I just poionted out that your preception of what a fast lap time is flawed.

I’m sure that guy can drive better than me, but you saying 2:36 is a miracle lap is laughable. The transponder never lies.

[/quote]

:picard:
I don’t think I have ever used that smiley, now I get to use it twice in a row.

I’d much rather have the new ugly sti.

[quote=“BluBalls,post:25,topic:39480"”]

I’d much rather have the new ugly sti.

[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

[quote=“BluBalls,post:25,topic:39480"”]

I’d much rather have the new 5 door and usefull sti.

[/quote]

fixed.

Im itchen to buy an 9 MR for a DD. Waiting until the 10s come out so the 9s will drop in price.
Anyone have a Gray 2006 MR they want to sell? :slight_smile:

ill stick with my 8 lol

take from an owner… evo are horrible daily drivers… I have dreams of driving a 3 series to work in comfort.

eh its a bit of an upgrade from my 91 Integra with 202k lol
And the '00 GSR-T hardly moves much anymore.

[quote=“theblue,post:30,topic:39480"”]

take from an owner… evo are horrible daily drivers… I have dreams of driving a 3 series to work in comfort.

[/quote]

truth.org

I sooooo don’t miss my EVO.

I think once the X gets out there in the hands of the DSM/Evo crowd, it will really show its colors when give some mods. I highly doubt they made the same mistake they did when they went from the 1G DSM to the 2G. Every Evo (US releases at least) have been better than their predecessors. That being said, I am speaking purely of a road course scenario. The heavier car with all the turning gadgets and gizmos won’t be better for straight line speed. I am sure the engine will be able to take the punishment but not the way the 9 does/did.

No matter how you swing it, 14 seconds is sluggish for the money.

Both manufacturers seem to be getting away from what made those models so great/popular.

[quote=“Xander,post:15,topic:39480"”]

I bet Bottoms could.

x…

[/quote]

provided he keeps it off a tree…