more evo x news

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3456712&postid=41967574#41967574

.97Gs on street tires is pretty damn good for factory. get some R comps and jeebus.

sounds fun.

13.8 @ 102 doesnt seem that quick… what do the previous iterations run stock?

I have a feeling they they are barely street tires. Less computer, more driver :ohnoes:

its slower than any evo 8/9 stock to stock

8/9’s do 13.1 right out of the box

I bet if you put the wider wheels and tires on an evo 8/9 you’d get the same skidpad results…

performace numbers will be better in the real world as usual… I bet it could whip out a 13.5 or maybe a little better… my evo 8 did something like a mid 13 stock and some factory freak cars got low 13s to high high 12s.

shifter looks like a baseball

looks like its falling prey to the ruining that all car manufacturers do to their cars… make them heavier, more refined (ie boring) and stupid looking.

look at the new WRX as well. i dont think anyone can say that the new car looks better than the, say, 99 2.5RS? no way.

look at BMW as well… new 3 series vs an E30… new one lame compared to the old one and im not even a BMW man.

dodge… caliber vs a neon or an older turbododge. caliber is fat and bloated and sucky.

mitsubishi has done the same thing. Boring…

Brian

Interesting commentary on aesthetics from a person driving a K car.

i like the over all look of it, just dont like that paddle shit.

i love the specs but not the look
im still down for the box style it is now with the 9 or whatever

the aesthetics part is the last on my gripe list. I like the front ok… it looks tough. i really hate the rear and the high trunkline. that was one of the things i liked about the current evo… the hood and the trunkline was at the same height. no bulbous gigantic rear end.

its mostly the addition of significant weight and extra electronic trickery and complication to control that weight increase that irritates me.

why do you think i drive a hot rodded k car? simplicity and low weight. well that and the insane sleeper factor lol.

i have a bachelors in electrical engineering but i usually dont like engineers… most engineers complicate stuff way too much and keep changing stuff till the original intent is lost.

Brian

I like how they concentrated on other stuff than out ride speed… it’s not a drag car after all. That said, doesn’t that seem like a fairly high trap for a 13.8?

Yokohama Advans are barely street tires.

I wonder how well this block holds up. Looks pretty decent.

X…

Then get the 5 speed instead of the paddle shit.

profile shot looks like a mean dodge neon? simular wheels and the spolier looks same from that angle(even though it isnt the same).

Also 81 degrees may not be the best temp to test the 1/4 in?

Oh believe me I know. I was just amused at the irony.

WHY SO UGLY?!

because it’s the lovechild of the new eclipse and quazi modo.