Evo owners- Q's

what kinda mpg are you getting around town/ highway?
hows the fit and finish, comfy cars? reliability issues?
pretty happy with them over all?

lookin for some feedback, thanks

You don’t buy an evo for “fit and finish” or because it’s “comfy”.

i see better mpg than i did with the stock turbo w/ the 35r just because my boost comes on way later. i see about 24-25 mpg on the 35r with mixed driving.

fit/finish meh, depends on your tastes. my car hurts my back after long drives due to the stiff suspension. stock suspension w/ just being lowered, but the 03 were the harshest as far as suspension goes out of all the years.

im pushing a lot of power on the stock bottom end/head and i feel its very reliable. car has never left me stranded anywhere. if youre buying used just make sure the tranny/transfer case isnt beat to snot already from people that cant drive/launch the car properly.

very happy with the car overall. can make them go pretty fast for cheap.

keep up on the maintenance and ull be fine, but its not cheap.

word. my gtis have been comfy long distance drivers but i kinda miss my old talon. if i were to get one it would probably get the usual exhaust, lower it a bit and a air intake and tune i guess. i dunno much about them but i dont need 400whp or anything haha just a fun quick car. i love how they look and as long as its not going to rattle me to death im cool. my gti is almost too comfy, you kinda lose the feel of havin a sporty car. plus my new gti feels so much bigger than my old one… i like havin the smaller car. ill have to test drive one some time.

Are you talking about an Evo X or an Evo IX/VIII? The 2 are significantly different in all the areas you are asking about.

8 or 9, lookin to spend maybe 20-22 on a clean low mile black evo. if you where wondering lol i found a few with like 30k on them for around there. while im at it- what sorta price-to- miles should i be lookin at? id go through a dealer in hopes of a never modded adult driven one

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2008/8/16/249/471/8248386352.249471572.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

great cars, but you wont get a nice one for that low of a price with that low of miles, unless you travel

trevor… you’re selling the gti already? you’re worse than me.
keep the gti… evo insurance is very high.

i saw you and a evo today in springville at country fair…i was in a red gti…heading to zoar valley

here is why you don’t want a used evo:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do…K07cEc&q=evo+8

link no worky

not to go off topic on ya but yea you did, it was my cousin and i, on our way back from our cabin, hes evo is sick. but like i said with that price range he should look for an sti :slight_smile:

im averaging between highway and city around 20 mpg with a stock turbo exhaust intake and tune at 23psi
my MR edition rides like a luxury car but from what ive been told some evos when modded do not ride as nice as mine
me and letitroll were talking the other day and he said his isn’t anywhere to as smooth as mine
reliability is good, you just need to keep up on the maintenance and make sure the previous owner did too
best off to try to find a stock one and owned buy an older man, usually the best taken care of
and as far as happy with them i can say im inlove with mine and wouldn’t trade it for anything ( besides maybe an evo IX to have mivec, or a X cuz they make good power with mods )

but for your price range it might be a little tough to find what your looking for
check out www.evolutionm.net and look for cars for sale on there
otherwise check out like cars.com or autotrader.com and just dont be afraid to travel a little bit ( i went to chicago for mine )
any other questions feel free to pm me

red gti at the gas station getting off the 219?
cuz i saw a red gti when i pulled in

I’d love to tear you apart like you did to me for wanting to sell mine, but i’ll just say smart move, i’ll be doing the same very soon.

yeah, it’s my buddies car… your cars looked good…going for a little cruise I presume?

you could call it a cruise i presume
lol
we have a cabin down my alleghany state park and we were there for the weekend and heading back from there when we saw each other

You don’t buy an evo for the “fit and finish.” It’s interior is one of the worst interiors in history.

They are not “comfy.” The bolstering on the seats can be uncomfortable after awhile, and like aforementioned, the suspension can be harsh.

If you aren’t going to race it in one way or another, I can’t see the point in buying one. Even the STI is a better DD.

It sounds like you should be happy with your GTi.

I own a 9. I race a 9. If I was buying it for a DD as the only consideration, I would have gotten an STi. Hell if I was just looking for a fun family DD with great fit and finish I would have probably bought a BMW or Audi.

But I wasn’t. I was looking for a car I could punish and would take it, that I could drive instead of it driving me, and that I know I could rebuild from the ground up if needed. I bought this one because I know in 3 years I’ll go out a buy a more “civilized” car and this will be my toy.

Why do you want to own one?

I equate owning an evo to dating hot latina chicks. If you don’t know exactly why you want to get involved and know what you are doing, you will get WAY to in over your end and will end up getting wrecked by it. She’ll wreck you financially, physically, and emotionally. It may be the best ride of your short life, but in the end it will take you twice as long to recover.

:word: latina chicks always take it in the ass.